Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Also, if you plan to buy it soon, you may find that there is no post from Japan to Australia at all.

I have had 2 orders for parts cancelled because they could not ship them. 2nd of them 10 days ago.

Of course big brands with deal with that or it will come on the boat, but from ebay seller, you might have difficulties.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really - an LX550AXII from Japan for only AUD$4880? Secondhand? I would also assume 110v at that.   As someone who sells both and has owned both models, as many have said, you need to listen

Just so we're clear - you want to audition locally but buy overseas yes? Or are you going to audition locally and hope/argue you can get a price REMOTELY close to your already crazy pricing (I'll save

My experience when demo'ing amps for my speakers was that Luxman artificially rolled off the top end. Initially it sounds wonderful and refined but after a while I got the feel I was missing out on th

11 hours ago, rockeater said:

Also, if you plan to buy it soon, you may find that there is no post from Japan to Australia at all.

I have had 2 orders for parts cancelled because they could not ship them. 2nd of them 10 days ago.

Of course big brands with deal with that or it will come on the boat, but from ebay seller, you might have difficulties.

Thanks, I'm buying locally , I'm buying actually the ex demo l-550Axii with 3 years warranty...this is the safest and quickest I can get it 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, rockeater said:

Also, if you plan to buy it soon, you may find that there is no post from Japan to Australia at all.

I have had 2 orders for parts cancelled because they could not ship them. 2nd of them 10 days ago.

Of course big brands with deal with that or it will come on the boat, but from ebay seller, you might have difficulties.

 

Strangely they have no issue sending stuff to New Zealand.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Good luck with your new Luxman :)  I also own one and loving it :)  I actually own a rega P8 and to my ears, their combo is ok.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


On 20/02/2021 at 9:29 PM, Asedillo said:

Good luck with your new Luxman :)  I also own one and loving it :)  I actually own a rega P8 and to my ears, their combo is ok.  

Thanks , received L-550AUX which is in mint condition but much better price as ex demo...also got Rega P6 so happy to hear they would join nicely ...one question, as I will be running to pair of speaker not sure how to connect my Rel sub ?  I dont want to connect to only one pair of speaker , do you know if its ok to connect the Sub to both speakers ( from the speaker outputs of the Luxman) ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2021 at 9:26 PM, Mason Safari said:

Thanks , received L-550AUX which is in mint condition but much better price as ex demo...also got Rega P6 so happy to hear they would join nicely ...one question, as I will be running to pair of speaker not sure how to connect my Rel sub ?  I dont want to connect to only one pair of speaker , do you know if its ok to connect the Sub to both speakers ( from the speaker outputs of the Luxman) ? 

Hi, you can use the pre-out of the Luxman to connect to your subwoofer.  I have not used any sub before but pre-out is normally where you hook your sub.  I hope that help, thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/02/2021 at 10:10 PM, Asedillo said:

Hi, you can use the pre-out of the Luxman to connect to your subwoofer.  I have not used any sub before but pre-out is normally where you hook your sub.  I hope that help, thanks.

Thanks, My REL instruction recommended to connect to the output to speakers ...atm I have connected it only to my LS50 which is on stands... but listen to Harbeth with no SUB on my desks... so far I liked the setup very much...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update from my new set ups so far :

 

first of all , I LOVE Loudness option on the remote of my Luxman that is a miracle for my low volume listening :) very happy with it...Rega Brio will be sold for sure ...also it was ages since  I haven't listen to Vinyl's or CDs ... I thought to try them more , specially I enjoy the CDs now , didn't expect that clarity ... BTW I bought the Rega PLanar 6 and also Rega Apollo as well ( I said I am not afraid of spending locally, so now there is not much left of my CAR upgrade budget :) ) , the combination of Rega Apllo + Chord Dave + L 505AUX  + my Harbeth and ls50s are excellent...didnt know I would like CDs that much otherwise might buy the better one...now I realize I am not using my expensive headphones anymore .... I might even sell some of them now ...I wish I had a bigger room for bigger speakers but my stereo setup even at low medium volume is much better than headphones listening ... something like watching a movie on big screen in cinema or projector or in a tablet :)...

as I am using my own DAC, any benefit I would get if get a better CD Transport ? something like Moon Neo 260D CD transport?

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...