Help me identify my vinyls!

Guest Newbinfo

Guest Newbinfo

Hey guys, 

hope you're all safe and well :)

So, i just purchased some vinyls and I am wondering if I should listen to them or are they collectable to some? 
The companies that produced this aren't English, so I am just curious if anyone can give me some info on them.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

:)

58D63CFE-52F0-4733-8224-D88F5DEC9C65.jpeg

935D5873-E5FF-4AB5-9E81-C09258F78923.jpeg

97E4200A-42BF-4142-A259-C30C3F1AF636.jpeg

00864240-95CA-43D0-A22E-287BD4081BB7.jpeg

0071BFE4-BD1D-4A96-BACE-785AAA09E3B8.jpeg

Discogs describes the Pink Floyd record as "Unofficial"  that means it is a Pirate / Bootleg copy.

As such it is illegal to sell them. 

The sound quality is probably very low.

If I was you and you purchased them from a shop I would return them and ask for a refund.

Link to the Led Zeppelin LP. Note , note allowed to be sold.

https://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin-Physical-Graffiti/release/8254484

Vinyl has no plural. ?

Edited by EV Cali
  • Like 3

Hi Jordan,

These are bootlegs, either of Brazilian origin, or faked to appear Brazilian (although why you'd want to do that is anyone's guess, as the quality of South American commercial vinyl is average at best, anyway).

As Robin notes above, give these back if you can - there are a million better sounding presses out there, and the market for poor quality sounding fakes from Sth America is small for collectors (not to say you can't sell them evetually, but it may not be easy).

Start with the recently remastered repressing here if you want a good sounding copy: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pink-Floyd-The-Wall-Remastered-Double-LP-Heavyweight-180g-Vinyl-2016/154254858889  and tell them it doesn't cost $20 to send a double LP anywhere in Australia ($12.20 actually)

• Like 4

Guest Newbinfo

Thanks so much to the guys that helped me out with these, I really appreciate your help :)

Its so odd that people would fake Vinyl, I grew up in the era of  burning CDs, so i guess i can understand lol

@candyflip - Thanks a bunch for the recommendation! I was told to get an old/ original copy for sound quality, i always though reissues were badly mastered/ made (I've got a long journey ahead of me). 

Thanks again guys, loving this community! :)

Edited by Newbinfo