SOLD: FS: Benchmark DAC 2 HCG Pre/Dac/Headphone amp

Item Condition: Very Good
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Moonee Ponds
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash, DD,
Reason for selling: No longer requried

Further information

I've had this for a few years now.  I bought it more for its pre amp abilities and low impedance output to run some active ATC speakers.  It's seen off quite a few pre amps and other dacs and only this year been replaced it with a Benchmark HPA4.   I have to say there's not a whole lot of difference between the DAC 2 and the HPA.  Sure, the HPA but not by a whole lot.   The DAC2 has a full analogue pre amp section which I've used very successfully with a vinyl rig.   It wasn't shamed by a Modwright LS100 and in fact I sold the LS100 to hang onto the DAC 2.

The DAC section still holds its own.  I have a dac now that will process MQA, the DAC 2 doesn't do MQA and if I wasn't committed to giving MQA a go I'd be keeping the DAC 2.

The headphone amp does a terrific job with a range of Sennheisers I've tried. 

It comes with the remote control, original packaging and manual.   I can find a power cord if you need one.

The DAC 2 has been superseded by the DAC 3.   According to a few reviewers and even according to Benchmark in a review you'd be hard pressed to hear a difference between the DAC 2 HGC and the DAC 3 HGC.

Postage is available as is a demo.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

DSC_1964.JPG

DSC_1962.JPG

DSC_1965.JPG

DSC_1966.JPG

DSC_1958.JPG

• Like 2