I'm after Aaron HCC-600 or Aaron HCC-300

Please PM me.

• 3 weeks later...

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By garethb
      Item: Complete Aaron speaker set, Yamaha RX-V3081, Rotel RB-985
      Price: 2700 (price drop) (rrp over 10k) (donation to stereo.net)
      Item Condition: good - mostly very good
      Reason for selling: Home reno and losing cinema
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: 
      Aaron speakers and condition:
      2 x ATS-4 (left/right) 9/10
      1 x CC240 (centre) 7.5/10
      4 x CC120 (surrounds) 9/10
      2 x SS60 (surrounds) 9/10
      4 x SS10 (height) 9/10
      You can use either the ss60 for rears or all cc120 surrounds (what I used)
      Subs
      Aaron sub240 9/10
      Aaron sub240 6.5/10
      Each sub240 is 200w dual 10inch woofers
      To get a sense of size, subs are about 76cm high
      Receiver
      Yamaha RX-V3081 9.2 with 11.2 pre-outs (ATMOS/DTS-X)
      Condition 9.5/10
      Power amp
      Rotel RB-985 THX certified power amp (5x100w)
      Condition 8/10

Also includes enough 14awg speaker cable for any configuration (100m).

Happy to split as long as most of the stuff goes so please let me know if you're interested, last time I wanted all of it to go before splitting so might make it work this time.

Happy to ship (its not as expensive as you might think on a pallet).

Home reno means we're going open plan and losing a few rooms, one of those rooms is the home theater.

Happy to demo for serious buyers in completely unsuitable open plan room  (without height speakers but even so theres enough there to still put a smile on your face)

Pictures:

• By garethb
      Item: Marantz CD84
      Price: $200 (ono)
      Item Condition: Excellent for age
      Reason for selling: Streaming
      Extra Info: An excellent japanese cd player. Over 25years old and still sounds great with the well regarded TDA1540 DAC. Will be hard pressed to find one in better condition. The cd tray sometimes needs a VERY gentle nudge to open, sometimes it opens without any help. I'm sure an easy fix but it didn't bother me and I didn't want to make it worse.

Would prefer pickup (can demo) but can post at your own risk.

CD player only.

Disc format: CD
      Digital converter: TDA1540, 16-bit linear
      CD Mechanism: CDM-1
      Frequency response: 4Hz to 20kHz
      Dynamic range: 90dB
      Signal to Noise Ratio: 90dB
      Total harmonic distortion: 0.003%
      Line output: 2V
      Dimensions: 416 x 90 x 300mm
      Weight: 9.2kg
      Year: 1984

Pictures - 

Item: Aaron ZA-100 Stereo amps x2
      Price: $100 (each)
      Item Condition: Excellent (9.5/10)
      Reason for selling: Upgrade
      Extra Info: Used in my HT, one bridged for center channel and one for 2 atmos speakers. I have upgraded to a 5 channel rotel power amp so these are now surplus. Have the boxes so can ship at buyers expense.

70w/channel (130w mono bridged)

• By Pepitoe
      High end, top quality, home theatre 5-piece speaker system by Aaron (Australian made) in excellent condition. Great full bodied sound for both music and movies (I never needed a sub). See Aaron web site for full speaker specs and reviews. 
      All speakers black woodgrain finish. 
      Includes:
      2 main floorstanding speakers – Aaron Audio Technology Series ATS-4 (160 Watts)
      1 centre channel speaker – Aaron CC-120 (160 Watts)

2 rear (bookshelf) speakers including wall mounts – Aaron Audio Technology Series ATS-1 (100 Watts)
      Looking for $600 but open to offers.
      Any questions – just ask.
      Pick up only (Buderim) or possibly negotiate delivery to Brisbane/Sunshine Coast Region.

• By Baldrick35
      Item: Aaron CC-240
      Price Range: Negotiable
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info:
      Hi Folks,

I'm looking for an Aaron CC-240 centre speaker. I've got Aaron ATS-5 fronts and really want to finish off the set but Aaron went and closed down before I had the good sense to grab one.... so here I am.

I would prefer a more recent one (say, 2012 onwards) so that it matches my set a bit better (purchased 2015) in both finish and sound. And if it happens to be the mahogany finish, then my dream is complete.

But, there's not too many floating about so I more than happy to hear from anyone with a CC-240 they no longer need.

I'm a bit clueless on postage/freight options, but more than happy to have a chat about how best to make it work, so I'm happy to talk people from any location.

I'm also very keen on an Aaron sub. That's less of a priority but since we're here and all, please feel free to let me know if you have one you'd like to offload

Thanks!
      Cameron

• By Baldrick35
      Hi Folks,

I’m hoping I can get a bit of help with, well, what I hope is a set-up issue and not a technical issue. I’ve written a pretty detailed background below (a short novel – sorry!) which I hope helps.

Background is: I have a Marantz SR5009 receiver running a set of Arron speakers - ATS-5s at the front, SS-120 rears and, up until recently, an Accusound Ref 8.6 centre. I’m afraid there’s no sub at the moment – which has recently been pointed out to me as something I should address, but that’s another story… It’s all in a moderate sized loungeroom, 4.2m x 3.2m

So when I got this set-up towards 3 years ago, I plugged it in, let Audyssey do its thing and that was pretty much it… I know I eventually had to set the rears to ‘small’ because Audyssey set them to ‘large’ (crazy!) and maybe I did something else – I really can’t remember in detail – but largely it worked nicely from the get go (I’m sure a pro could have tweaked it better of course, but from where I started it was a damn fine solution!)

I recently grabbed an Aaron CC-120 centre speaking – I badly want the CC-240 but it turns out Aaron closed down recently so I jumped at a 120 that was available, thinking it would at least be a tad better than the Accusound. (Still keen on a CC-240 if anyone’s got one hanging around they want to offload???  )

Again, I plugged it in, let Audyssey do its thing, but this time it just didn’t all gel like it previously had.

Biggest problem funnily enough is the centre, it just seemed a bit muffled. I thought it might have been just due to a new speaker needing time to settle in, so I left it for a bit but the more I listened the more I could hear it. Plus, the volume I had to turn the system up to in order to (just) understand dialogue was now 55+, as opposed to 45 that previously worked a treat for just about everything.

Next step of experimenting was to put the Accusound back in, but it seems even with the Accusound it was sounding like it had a thick towel draped over the front.

So it feels like something has gone awry and I can’t figure out what!

It really seems like tonal thing more so than a volume thing – people with deeper voices sound muffled while higher voices are a bit better but not perfect. I’ve also dabbled with increasing the volume of the centre speaker and that hasn’t really helped much (and I never had to do that before.)

A couple of key tweaking areas I’ve tried:

Dynamic EQ: I set this to ON initially and have experimented with on and off. It seems better with this OFF. Since turning it off I can understand dialogue a bit better, but it’s still not right.

Dynamic Volume: Currently set to HEAVY. I’ve tried turning it off and I find I have no volume in the system at all when I do that (definitely not how it was before my centre speaker experiment)

Crossovers: I have to note that in my original setup I never played with the crossover setting, partly because I didn’t understand it, partly because I didn’t have a sub and, ultimately, cos it just kinda worked – so I never ventured there and I haven't touched them myself this time either, but at the moment it looks like this
      Audyssey says Front ‘Full Band’, Centre ‘40Hz’ and Surround ‘Full Band’
      If I look at manual config it says it’s doing Individual selection, but ‘Surround’ is the only one I can select and it says ’40Hz’

Bass: LPF for LFE 250Hz

So, there’s my story – sorry for the length but hopefully there’s good info in there for receiving advice.

Many thanks in advance!!
      Cam