PRIMALUNA Dialogue Premium HP Power Amplifier

Item Condition: Perfect Condition
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Condell Park
State: NSW
Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, cash on pickup
Reason for selling: Change of Direction

Further information: I never thought I'd sell my beloved PrimaLuna but here it goes. I have loved this amp and never heard music so beautifully as with this amp. It's the centre piece of my system. I have the box so can ship but prefer local sale. Remote also comes with it and is in amazing condition. Never used triode. It comes with kt88 tubes. Tried them all but these were my favourite. Tubes have about 40 hours on them.

Let's look at the way this amplifier is designed and built.

• PrimaLuna's latest version of Adaptive AutoBias. Bias is very important, and before you buy anything you need the click the blue link above to learn the basics. If anybody tells you that they have auto bias, ask them precisely how. It's 99% likely to be untrue. As with all PrimaLuna amps, you never have to worry about biasing your amp ever again, and the need for matched tubes is eliminated. Just plug in EL34, KT88, or KT120 (as well as many others) and AAB does the rest while improving sound quality. Tubes are constantly monitored and kept in their best operating range, reducing distortion by up to 50%! REMEMBER! Adaptive AutoBias is passive, so it's NOT in the signal path. There is no downside.
    What's new and improved? Tubes are monitored and adjusted like all PrimaLuna's. But this new board will actually tell you when a tube fails, and which one it is! A red LED will light in front of the bad tube, and you simply replace it. No more guessing, buying whole sets, making adjustments, and amps breaking because you made a mistake. Use it every day without worry or stress.
  • Swiss made wiring. Imported, silver-plated, oxygen-free continuous crystal (OCC) copper with a Teflon dielectric wiring is used in the critical signal paths for superior signal speed and increased clarity.
  • TAKMAN Resistors. Easy to identify through their pink color, these premium resistors made in Japan are popular with those who rebuild and upgrade their gear. "Modders" love TAKMAN for their low noise and linearity.
  • SCR Tinfoil Caps. Made in France, these capacitors are used in the critical signal paths and while they are expensive, the PrimaLuna team they could not be left out after careful listening comparisons with many different types.
  • AC Offset Killer. A PrimaLuna exclusive. PrimaLuna's parent company Durob Audio B.V. sells this as a stand alone item under the Ah! brand name. The fabulous company P.S. Audio sold something similar as a "Humbuster". It's job is to keep the main AC power transformer as quiet as possible. PrimaLuna custom-winds a superb AC toroidal transformer that is low in hum. This circuit takes it a to a place no other manufacturer dreams of going. Adding this to your stereo would cost hundreds.
  • New front-end circuitry. The DiaLogue Premium uses three 12AU7 tubes per channel. The result is even lower distortion and increased bandwidth. The change in dynamic range is stunning!
  • Triode/Ultralinear switching. In ultralinear, the sound is just that. Ultra-linear. The flattest response. In triode mode you get the sound that people would compare to 300B single-ended amps. A warmer, more liquid presentation. Which is better? There is no answer. It depends on your tastes, the speakers, and what you are listening to. It's up to you. The best part is, that unlike other brands, you can change on the fly from your listening position with the remote control and you don't have to turn off the amp to do it!
  • Stereo or Monoblock operation - It's as simple as flipping a switch, and the DiaLogue Premium Amplifier instantly switches from stereo to monoblock operation! Buy one, and as your budget grows your system can grow too. The benefit of monoblock operation is the amp now has dual output transformers for the best coupling with your speakers, and the addition of a 2-ohm speaker tap added to the 4 and 8-ohm taps. While all PrimaLuna amps are made for ribbons like Magnaplanars and electrostatics like Martin-Logan, you haven't heard anything until you have heard a PrimaLuna monoblock!

The DiaLogue Premium Series also includes the same innovative circuits found in the ProLogue Premium series, that protect the amp and improve sound at every level:

• BTI-circuit. BTI stands for "Bad Tube Indicator." On the chassis’ deck in front of each power tube, is a small LED that lights up if the tube goes bad. The circuit then puts the amp into protection mode. With other brands, this may be when you have to break out the soldering iron to replace a plate resistor, and replace two or four tubes because your amp requires matched sets. With PrimaLuna, you just replace the tube it tells you to (no matched tubes required), and turn the amp back on. No hassles, no headaches.
  • PTP-circuit. If the power transformer should overheat, this "Power Transformer Protection" circuit cuts primary power, allows the amp to cool down, then resets itself.
  • OTP-circuit. The "Output Transformer Protection" circuit protects the output transformers in the event of user error crossing speaker wires.
  • +B relay. Replaces the plate fuse and works in conjunction with the OTP-circuit to protect the amp against tube failure. This method is less intrusive sonically and the relay resets itself once the faulty tube is replaced.
  • PrimaLuna's true-value, low stress design philosophy. Many manufacturers fudge on their power ratings, claiming power that is mathematically impossible. Every seasoned tube owners knows that 20 watts from a tube amp is a ton of power. What is really important is that PrimaLuna runs their power tubes up to 40% easier that other manufacturers. You can tell easily by putting your hand on top of a PrimaLuna amp. They run cooler than others. There is no reason to run tubes at their jagged edge. Why do manufactures do it?

As with all PrimaLuna components, the DiaLogue HP Premium Amplifier is made by hand with the finest point-to-point wiring

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

IMG20210201004342.jpg

IMG20210201004411.jpg

IMG20210201004443.jpg

IMG20210201004510.jpg

IMG20210201004556.jpg

IMG20210201004633.jpg

IMG20210201004714.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 2

40 minutes ago, Claudio71 said:

How the 936 sound with this power amps? It looks great.

I used to run my Primaluna EVO400 poweramps mono blocks (KT88 tubes) with my Focal 936 (already sold)....what can I say beautiful sounding, open, musical, detailed...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, petern174 said:

I used to run my Primaluna EVO400 poweramps mono blocks (KT88 tubes) with my Focal 936 (already sold)....what can I say beautiful sounding, open, musical, detailed...

Agreed, 936's and quite a number of Focal's really benefit from being driven by PL amps.

cheers,

Terry

I keep looking at this and thinking to myself - just buy it a 2nd time. Memories of listening to HD800 with this PL with 8 x KT88 came flooding back. It was amazing. Amazing with speakers obviously. Hope I'll be in time for it while I sell off some headphone amps. ?