SOLD: FS: Marantz AV8802A 11.2 Channel Flagship AV processor & Audyssey Pro Installer Kit

SOLD
Item Condition: Mint like new with full packaging and accessories
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: SE Melbourne
State: VIC
Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup, PayPal at buyers cost (add 3%)
Reason for selling: Upgraded to add one more speaker !

Further information:

Up for sale is Marantz AV8802A 11.2 Channel Flagship AV processor that is mint like new, infact better than new as its is fully updated to latest spec and all possible factory and other accessories included. the original unit has a rrp$5990 aud, I added auro 3d processing at RRP $199 USD or $250 aud, Audyssey pro kit RRP $665usd or $865 aud, Audyssey license RRP$150 usd or RRP$195 aud the unit has had the factory updated to bring HDMI upto spec from Qualifi - A upgrade for full 4k uhd $380 aud. So total RRP of $7680 for the gear being sold here (I will not seperate, this is being sold as a job lot).

Can read a Stereophile review from the well respected Kalman Rubinson  of Stereophile on the Marantz AV8802A here

The unit itself is true Marantz flagship and made in Japan, it is fully specd so can handle full 11 channels and true dual subwoofer capability. With the factory upgrades it will handle current needs for 4K uhd and for me handles and processes all I can throw at it from all sources (4k uhd blu-ray, AppleTV 4k, Xbox OneX) and will pass full bandwidth 4k UHD 50/60hz and process all formats so perfect for an upto 7.4.2 setup from Atmos/Dolby surround TrueHD, DTS-X/Neural X DTS-HDMA, and also Auro3D which many find really good for music...going well with the Marantz "Music matters" focus.

Also included is the top Audyssey Pro Installer kit along with license for the unit, this takes calibration beyond 8 measuring points and also unlocks essential calibration features like being able to remove "mid range compensation"

The unit and all items included come in Mint condition, literally like new, with all accessories and packaging as you would buy from the shop and it will feel like unpacking a new unit when you get it. Included also is all receipts of original purchase, Qualifi hdmi update, Audyssey license/kit etc. So can see this is a local australian stock purchased unit and fully supported by Qualifi the local importer.

If shipping and I can ship around Australia, please contact me for cost of shipping which buyer will have to bare, I am also happy for cash on pickup. or payment by EFT or via PayPal though PayPal costs (3%) will need to be paid by the purchaser. If shipping the units they will be shipping in original packaging and will make sure to overwrap with bubble wrap and black plastic plus fragile stickers for peace of mind.  

See below photos of the actual unit and also all accessories will receive  I have also included some photos of the unit in my setup and the audyssey pro kit being used so get some idea.

Rather than post here - as I might miss it, instead please contact me via PM if there are any enquiries or if wishing to purchase and will be sure to answer.

Photos:

025A2070.JPG

025A2071.JPG

025A2074.JPG

025A2075.JPG

025A2076.JPG

025A2080.JPG

025A2082.JPG

025A2083.JPG

IMG_3382.JPG

IMG_3647.JPG

IMG_3648.JPG

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, jdh500 said:

I  own the same unit, out of interest what did you upgrade too?

JDH

hi JD, apple hasn't fallen too far away from the apple tree... marantz av8805, very happy with the marantz sound of the av8802a so saw no need to change brands and yes I know really only for the extra channel... so going from 7.1.5 to  7.1.6, seems a bit extreme to swap AVpre's for a channel :D but thats just the nutcase kind of thing I would do hehe ... only live once as they say ! 

13 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

With the shortage of quality pre's around, included pro installer, this is a no brainer.  Quality all the way.  Plus @BB looks after all of his gear like nobody's business.

Thank you Kaynin, hopefully gives someone as close to buying something new as possible. These are indeed just pure class :) fault free & bug free (which is also rare in the processor world these days  ! ) and sounds fantastic ! 

• Like 3

I’ll probably hold onto my Marantz AV-8802a until there is a significant feature to drive the upgrade, ie. mainstream 8k or new must have format, I will probably bypass the 8805 and wait for a 8806 or similar flagship model.

The 8802a has a great mix of features, build and sound quality without going totally silly pricing.

JDH

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jdh500 said:

I’ll probably hold onto my Marantz AV-8802a until there is a significant feature to drive the upgrade, ie. mainstream 8k or new must have format, I will probably bypass the 8805 and wait for a 8806 or similar flagship model.

The 8802a has a great mix of features, build and sound quality without going totally silly pricing.

JDH

yes definitely no need unless pushing the envelop with more channels and such. :) 

21 minutes ago, flamjam said:

I think your forgot to put the ad up for the Elektra amps!! ?

The Marantz will go quickly!!!

ha ! thankyou but sorry elektra are staying in the abode  :D but yes the marantz are popular so hopefully finds new home soon :) 

9 hours ago, foxmulder said:

Great unit, great price, GLWTS

thank you foxmulder ! indeed nothing around can buy of the calibre for the money :) 

4 hours ago, STROP said:

Wow, never thought you would be selling this pre-amp, GLWTS

Someone also added one more speaker... what could possibly  go wrong.

Unknown.jpeg.1dfea5e1ade56fef0fe2c7347bf7df80.jpeg

never thought so too... but haha I great movie, watched the back to future 4k uhd release not that long ago...the speaker scene is a good laugh :D 

36 minutes ago, davothecavo said:

@betty boop great looking system there, bit of a focal lover myself.  It must sound absolutely awesome with a bit of volume on movies.  What speakers did you go with for the rest of the system?

Thank you Dave, last movie watched was dr strange love with its atmos track. simply amazing what can be achieved in the home these days :) 

I do love my focals too... rest of speakers are all focal as well - in-ceiling speakers included. mix of electra and chorus series and make a great match. 

• Like 1

wow i didnt realise you could do those upgrades to the Marantz, I have a 8801A which i still have although now using a Denon 6500, Could i have performed some of those upgrades for 8801 as well? I would have liked Atmos, 4k in that unit. Also I have the Audyssey pro installer kit (bought it with the Standalone Audyssey unit which i dont use anymore), Can i use that pro installer kit with the marantz or the denon? I just use the standard mics they came with but i didnt know about this midrange compression setting. Sounds intriguing. 

1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

wow i didnt realise you could do those upgrades to the Marantz, I have a 8801A which i still have although now using a Denon 6500, Could i have performed some of those upgrades for 8801 as well? I would have liked Atmos, 4k in that unit. Also I have the Audyssey pro installer kit (bought it with the Standalone Audyssey unit which i dont use anymore), Can i use that pro installer kit with the marantz or the denon? I just use the standard mics they came with but i didnt know about this midrange compression setting. Sounds intriguing. 

hi, yes Denon and marantz have always been very good on updates to their flagship units. however sorry the updates I mentioned were all offered only for the marantz AV8802A being sold here. the AV8802A was made to take all those updates and options were offered for it, the av8801 cant be updated for 4kuhd or auro3D or atmos, DTS-X and such as the AV8802A is capable. you can certainly add a pro kit to the a8801. but no if wanting all the things asking for then the later model in the  av8802A is what is needed :) 

with an AV8802 you do need to be careful to get the "A" model though ie an AV8802A as I dont think the upgrade to the A from Qualifi is available anymore either. the updates are usually only offered for the flagship of the range and only for a certain period, you get it when announced after that ..thats it..

mid range compensation setting - which enables or removes the "BBC dip" is not an option on standard audyssey on the AV8802A...you need the pro kit for that, and also means you get to use use a much more accurate pro kits calibrated mic with calibration file rather than standard issue plastic audyssey mic. anyways all this is included with the AV8802A being sold here.

1 hour ago, betty boop said:

get to use use a much more accurate pro kits calibrated mic with calibration file rather than standard issue plastic audyssey mic. anyways all this is included with the AV8802A being sold here.

Shame the current Marantz AV-8805 doesn’t atleast come with a quality mic uograde option similar to what is include with your AV-8802a with the pro kit.

JDH

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jdh500 said:

Shame the current Marantz AV-8805 doesn’t atleast come with a quality mic uograde option similar to what is include with your AV-8802a with the pro kit.

JDH

indeed JD, also 8805 is limited to 8 spots of measurmeent I found out.

1 hour ago, Gee Emm said:

Hi Al

I don't even need one of these, but was tempted just because you did such a good job on the ad. ;)

Seriously, if Al owned this unit, it is better than new. No, seriously.

Half price. Crazy!

thank you GM ! they are a lovely thing indeed. packing up got a chance to look over and definitely marantz keep things like the copper chasis.... and even copper screws ! for the flagship ... and thats without looking inside .... with toroidal and 4x 10.000µF capacitors that many power amps dont even include .... :D indeed half price is crazy for what it is, but happy to pass a bargain on :) 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, evil c said:

@betty boop tempting , tempting - I mean I need to drill some more holes in the ceiling and my AV7703  is getting on!,

And only half price you say???

The pro kit package is a no brainer Clive.  I had an 8801 with pro kit - I have an 8805 now, and was shattered when I discovered the pro kit is useless with it.  It does a superb job - chalk and cheese when compared to the plastic dicky mic these 880x units come with.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, evil c said:

@betty boop tempting , tempting - I mean I need to drill some more holes in the ceiling and my AV7703  is getting on!,

And only half price you say???

i could help you get set up :) would be the pièce de résistance :D

on surface looks quite similar what have ... so could just slip in  :D ☠️ ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, betty boop said:

i could help you get set up :) would be the pièce de résistance :D

on surface looks quite similar what have ... so could just slip in  :D ☠️ ?

My wife already has you marked as undesirable,  al !

I'd have to sneak you in with a disguise in future if I got caught! ?

• Haha 2

Still for sale....

for anyone wondering what this unit is all about, I did post a review on Stereophile from the well respected Kalman Rubinson on the Marantz AV8802A

https://www.stereophile.com/content/music-round-75

Additionally there is also the review on Sound and Vision magazine and also from the well respected David Vaughn

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/marantz-av8802-surround-processor-review

with the fantastic unit it is, not surprising David has given the Sound and Visions Top Pick and the unit 5 stars in Performance, Video Performance, Features and Ergonomics. The only area he has pulled back by half start to 4.5 stars is value... 

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 9.56.34 am.png

of course I am fixing the value part here with the less than half RRP I am selling the unit for :)

can see overall verdict and the plus and minus he says below, and note my unit did receive the A update giving it full HDCP 2.2 and HDMI full bandwidth capability for 4k video:) 

Plus 
11.1 channels with Audyssey MultEQ XT processing
Dolby Atmos, Auro-3D, and DTS:X surround
Full 4K video processing upgradable to HDCP 2.2 
Minus 
Limited range for remote sensor 

THE VERDICT 
Noticeably improved sound quality over its predecessor plus Atmos, Auro-3D, and DTS:X surround processing make the Marantz AV8802 a top-notch upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

PRICE DROP ! Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 10.32.43 am.png

OK while i had this listed at the price these have gone for prior, and thinking it also included way more than ever offered before, I need to consider pandemic budgets I guess and other uncertainties. 

So here's some certainty. A Marantz av8802A going for price lowest I have ever seen, and with all have included what should be a significant discount on the RRP of $7680. so now well and truly well below half price ! :) 

• Like 1

I have been asked the following question which will also answer here incase anyone else wondering,

Question,

"What version of HDMI has it been upgraded to?

Also has it been firmware upgraded to support  DTS:X?"

Answer,

"it received hdmi update (this was done by qualifi the local support for marantz - will include paper work and new manuals for it) and supports 4k uhd full bandwidth hdmi 2.0 and hdcp 2.2 so can throw everything at it currently off any source 4k uhd blu-ray, apple TV 4k, xbox one X 18gbps. ive been using it myself seamlessly with 4k native projector with all these sources. 

it has indeed received the DTS-X update. infact all updates available from marantz both hard ware and software. 

if theres anything else unclear or needing clarification certainly do let me know. "

• Like 1