Hi there,

Does anyone have any feedback or has purchased the Richter Merlin 6 Bookshelves

Looking for a bookshelf to match with the new Sonos Amp, preferably without a Sub for approx $1,000

Medium sized living space and used for a mix of TV, Turntable and Streaming services.

I'm tossing up between these and the Wharfedal Evo 4.1

Thanks!

Edited by DoubleD

I heard the Merlin 6 at the Melbourne audio show (2018), and thought they were excellent for the price (around $1000 RRP).

Along with wharfedales, you might also want to check out the Dynaudio Emit series (Emit 10/20).

While you are at it, might be worthwhile to check out some of the other Australian speaker makers:

Legend acoustics Joey - slightly higher than your budget, but gets very good reviews in the local market

http://www.legendspeakers.com.au/products-joey/

Adelaide loudspeakers - quite a few options in your price range

https://www.adelaidespeakers.com/woodfox-bookshelf.html

Good luck with finding the right speakers

P.S - this link here has a useful compilation of speakers in different price ranges

Edited by anandpkumar
added link to SNA speaker audition shortlist
  • Like 1

I would say the Merlin's will sound like a 'bigger' speaker than the Wharfedales, however the Wharfedales may sound a little more detailed and perhaps a little brighter. You really need to have a listen to both. These also may be worth a listen:

https://eastwoodhifi.com.au/monitor-audio-bronze-100-speakers.htm

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/01/2021 at 3:27 PM, blakey72 said:

I would say the Merlin's will sound like a 'bigger' speaker than the Wharfedales, however the Wharfedales may sound a little more detailed and perhaps a little brighter. You really need to have a listen to both. These also may be worth a listen:

https://eastwoodhifi.com.au/monitor-audio-bronze-100-speakers.htm

My experience with Wharfedales is that they are more laid back and a bit rounded off - though I have only heard the older Diamond series. The newer Diamonds or Evos probably have a different sound signature

Best to hear both out if possible at the same retailer (tough ask though)

Thanks all for the input guys, I ended up going with the Krix Equinox MK4. 4 weeks lead time for a custom finish but I've waited long enough and they are the right dimensions and look for the space, which was a factor.

I'll provide feedback once I'm set up and had a chance to test em out.

• Like 1
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mikey B
      Item Condition: Brand new - unused Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Alexandria State: NSW Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Not required Further information:

Focal Chora 806 Bookshelf Speakers  (Black)   Brand new. Absolutely unused. Still sealed in factory packaging.    I've never used the speakers personally but they seem to get excellent reviews from reputable sources: https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/focal-chora-806-loudspeaker https://reviewary.com/focal-chora-806-review/   Recommended retail is $1,350 so this is an opportunity to get a brand new pair at a healthy discount.   Pick-up only. Alexandria.  
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By AndreaB
      Item Condition: Very good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Perth (N.O.R.) State: WA Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Try new speaker Further information: I bought the speaker from another SN member and served me very well  (I had Lenehan ML1 reference, ATC SCM 11, Osborne Titan, Reference 3A Decapo but always kept the Bora, in my room they work very well).
      Here below one of the review that can be found on line.
      http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/cabasse-bora-loudspeakers-hi-fi-72/

I have original box for interstate buyer. (box is quite large 1250x565x410 mm - weight is close to 30 kg).

Thanks for watching

Note: isolation feet are not part of the sale.
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By favouriteheadache
      Item Condition: Used but as new in box Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Glebe State: NSW Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, cash on pickup Reason for selling: Upgrading to floorstanding speakers for a larger space As new in box with all original documentation is the Award winning Klipsch Reference Premier RP-600M standmount bookshelf speakers.

Purchased 25/11/2020. Reason for selling is upgrading to floorstanding speakers for a larger space.

Pickup from Glebe NSW 2037.

Description
      Klipsch rp-600mredesigned from the ground up, the all-new Reference Premiere Series leverages over 70 years of Klipsch signature acoustic expertise With cutting-edge technology to deliver the ultimate home theater solution.Leveraging a 1" Titanium tweeter matted to our proprietary Hybrid Tractrix horn - the rp-600m bookshelf speaker delivers incredible acoustics to fill your home with loud, crystal-clear sound and robust bass that no ordinary bookshelf speaker can.Hybrid Tractrix hornhorn loading maximizes efficiently and increases detail while focusing high frequencies towards the listening area. Proprietary Tractrix geometry provides the most efficient transfer of high frequency waves into the listening area. The phase plug and compressed molded silicon face ensure smooth frequency response. When combined, the cleanest, most natural sound possible is created.Linear travel suspension titanium diaphragm tweeter the exclusive linear travel suspension minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance. Lts tweeters are a hallmark of previous Reference lines, making it a core component of some of the best speakers in the world.Vented tweeter design the new vented tweeter Housing reduces standing waves that create unwanted harmonics, resulting in enhanced detail and clarity in high frequency reproduction.Spun copper cerametallic woofers a signature feature on the Reference Premiere Series, cerametallic woofers are exceptionally rigid and lightweight for minimal distortion and maximum efficiency. When paired with the Tractrix horn-loaded lts tweeter, it provides the highest speaker efficiency in its class.
      Features & details
      1” titanium lts vented tweeter with hybrid tractrix Horn
      6.5" Spun copper cerametallic woofers
      Bass-reflex via rear-firing tractrix port
      Dual binding posts for bi-wire/bi-amp
      Strong, flexible removable magnetic grille

• By one-eyed-xander
      Item Condition: Great Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Pyrmont State: NSW Payment Method: Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Downsizing For sale a pair of KEF Q100 bookshelf speakers in white finish, and stands. Both were purchased in new by be in 2016, and I'm selling because I have downsized.

These are great speakers, both in sound and looks. I would say they are still in new condition, no blemishes or scratches.

The stands are "TransDeco" branded. I don't know anything about them other than the fact I bought them off Amazon and they look good with the KEFs.

Unfortunately I don't have the original packaging for either speakers or stands, but I don have the original accessories pack including manual and spare baffles, etc.

• By rhcp_steve
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Brisbane State: QLD Payment Method: Cash Reason for selling: To match front speakers If you feel like a change of your Walnut RX1 for Black + some cash let me know. Brisbane based. My RX1 in excellent condition and been used for rear surround duties