FS: Yamaha B2 (Silver) (restored)(pending)

Item Condition: Very Good
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Noranda
State: WA
Payment Method: Cash
Reason for selling: Simplification (integrated amp)

Further information: 

Originally purchased from here in pursuit of the "perfect amp" to match a pair of NS1000m speakers, I have found that I enjoy the coloration I get from a KT88 amp a little bit more. I can definitely understand though the love people have for V-FET amps and the B2 in particular. The meters will be truly missed. This amp has impact but it is somehow not "showy". Paired with the Yamaha speakers there is great depth in the musical image but it feels very real and not like a diorama where things exist in fixed planes. Hard to explain the sound of the amp as it pretty clean, not "clinical" though. 

This amplifier has been completely restored and is ready to make someone potentially very happy. Maybe whoever bought the NS1000 for sale the other day? It is a 100V unit but a substantial step down is included. Local sale only at this stage, I'm not confident in my ability to pack it. Link to previous ad which has a couple more pictures (having difficulty getting it out of the rack).

Photos:

IMG_20210124_203507950.jpg

IMG_20200716_214119867.jpg

IMG_20200715_194511827.jpg

Edited by thejt
  • Like 3

The person who bought the NS-1000Ms was me, and I am certainly tempted - just in the wrong state and a couple hundy short at the minute (due to buying the speakers). 

All that aside, it's a beautiful amp. I'm a sucker for meters, and silver for that matter. GLwtS!