Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...

Hi, I’m considering selling my Sovereigns which have been in my mastering studio for about 4 years. Completely rebuilt by Kiat at Duntech.

Looking for 10K, or I’ll probably hang onto them.

 

Cheers,

 

Angus

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

very interested in them. any photos?

what did kiat do

I live at Firle

Cheers

Justyn

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Angusdigi said:

Hi, I’m considering selling my Sovereigns which have been in my mastering studio for about 4 years. Completely rebuilt by Kiat at Duntech.

Looking for 10K, or I’ll probably hang onto them.

 

Cheers,

 

Angus

For us Sovereign fans please post pictures publicly. I always like seeing another pair in the wild.

@simon12345

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


On 06/04/2021 at 9:15 AM, justyn said:

very interested in them. any photos?

what did kiat do

I live at Firle

Cheers

Justyn

sorry for the delay replying. Kiat replaced the tweeters and mid range and revoiced the cabinets to original specs. They sound incredible, but I have rebuilt my studio for Dolby Atmos in a 9.1.6 spec, and simply don’t have the space for them any more. 
I can can send you some basic photos from when I picked them up from Sydney, but nothing current, as they are in tech storage until I sell them.  Thanks, Angus

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Angus

Any photo will be helpful

Did Kiat do the crossovers, or the woofer surrounds

I have had two pairs in the last 30 years and know them well.

Can you run them with normal mono amps or do you have to have two pairs of amps

I know you can use jumpers and biamped set up.

Are they in Melbourne?

Boxed (unlikely)

I know I have a lot of questions but im not a tire kicker

I have an Audio Research Pre, Mark Levinson Mono amps

Goldmund, kiseki turntable

Esoteric PO5 and DO5.

Sonus Faber Cremonas (miss my sovereigns)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/04/2021 at 12:04 AM, Angusdigi said:

Hi, I’m considering selling my Sovereigns which have been in my mastering studio for about 4 years. Completely rebuilt by Kiat at Duntech.

Looking for 10K, or I’ll probably hang onto them.

 

Cheers,

 

Angus

You really should be posting adverts in the classifieds rather than here. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Sub Sonic said:


It’s a response to the OP, not an overt advert...

Fair point. I guess the OP should have posted in the WTB forum. 
Anyway, personally I have no issue but there’s a pretty clear “you’ll have your account deleted if you post ads here” warning. I was just trying to help members avoid deletion 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

im confused

 

what add?

I told another member I"m interested in his speakers.

I told him what gear I have.

I am not selling anything!

sir sanders and others, please enlighten me where I have placed an add?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Calm the farm @justyn. Everyone realises you haven't posted an "add" to sell. You have posted a WTB. The first reponse to your post is an EOI. All Trevor was saying was that the appearance of such articles in this section, wasn't in strict accordance to site rules.

Edited by Bisguittin
Link to post
Share on other sites


Hey Justyn,

 

I know that Kiat did the crossovers, but I don't think he did the woofer surrounds. He did replace the mids and tweeters, and yes you can run them on mono amps.

 

I have had them in storage for the last two weeks while I was working on my studio, so a bit hard to get photo's at the moment.

 

I'll see if I can find a couple old shots of when I picked them up from Kiat and bought them home.

 

If you need detailed photo's, you'll have to wait until I can get them out of storage.

 

My studio is near Mt Macedon, an hour out of Melbourne.

 

And sorry, no boxes, although I do have a couple of large road cases they may fit into . (Very large!)

 

Sad to see them go, truly great speakers.

 

Let me know your thoughts. You can email me direct at angus@redroadimmersive.com

 

Cheers,

 

Angus

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angusdigi said:

Hey Justyn,

 

I know that Kiat did the crossovers, but I don't think he did the woofer surrounds. He did replace the mids and tweeters, and yes you can run them on mono amps.

 

I have had them in storage for the last two weeks while I was working on my studio, so a bit hard to get photo's at the moment.

 

I'll see if I can find a couple old shots of when I picked them up from Kiat and bought them home.

 

If you need detailed photo's, you'll have to wait until I can get them out of storage.

 

My studio is near Mt Macedon, an hour out of Melbourne.

 

And sorry, no boxes, although I do have a couple of large road cases they may fit into . (Very large!)

 

Sad to see them go, truly great speakers.

 

Let me know your thoughts. You can email me direct at angus@redroadimmersive.com

 

Cheers,

 

Angus

 

 

 

Please post the pictures publicly. Why were the mid's and tweeters replaced out of interest?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kelossus said:

Please post the pictures publicly. Why were the mid's and tweeters replaced out of interest?

 

Pics are everything. For example my Sovereigns are the first of 3 models released so at a minimum it would be good to know what specific model your offering to sell.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...