WTB: 2 x Vinyl LPs - Iron Maiden 'Iron Maiden' & Iron Maiden 'Killers'

FNQ Outcast

Item: 2 x Vinyl LPs - Iron Maiden 'Iron Maiden' & Iron Maiden 'Killers'.
Price Range: Negotiable but, hopefully reasonable
Item Condition: Used (will consider new)
Extra Info: Unfortunately, as I was going through & cleaning my record collection I discovered that three albums purchased around 35 years ago when I was a teenager have suffered from outgassing of the plastic outer covers & as a result are noisy as & no amount of cleaning, revirginiser or anything is going to fix them. I would prefer to find original issue pressings in very good to excellent condition if possible but, will consider reissues if nothing else appears. Surely there are some 50 odd year old ex-metal heads out there hoarding a copy of these somewhere... :)

Thanks in advance

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

Edited by FNQ Outcast
Purchased Master of Puppets Remastered...

25 minutes ago, SGS said:

Wish you all the best. I have the Iron Maiden albums as well as most early Maiden albums, including 2 picture discs purchased in my teens. Still a metal head to a degree.

Cheers

Whilst my musical taste has expanded significantly since my teen years I'm still a metal head at heart... :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey Man.  I can't help with the Maiden albums, I still have my two Oz pressed...  

But I bought a reissue of Killers that I was very disappointed with.

I'm not at home right now, but as soon as I get there tomorrow, I will check which version...  as I recommend you avoid it.

Regards.

Ant.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey Man.  I can't help with the Maiden albums, I still have my two Oz pressed...  

But I bought a reissue of Killers that I was very disappointed with.

I'm not at home right now, but as soon as I get there tomorrow, I will check which version...  as I recommend you avoid it.

Regards.

Ant.

Thankyou for that information... Yeah I'd be keen to know more detail when you can please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey @FNQ Outcast

My reissue is  2014   INgrooves   BMG   Sanctuary.

Just sounded very flat too me, I'd rather listen to my slightly crackly Oz press.

Thanks for that, details duly noted for reference if I start looking for a reissue.... I've cleaned up my copy of Killers a little..... plastic polish... yup pretty brutal but, hey... there was nothing to lose... it's somewhat more playable now with the swooshing sound only audible on uber quiet bits (of which there aren't many) or between tracks... it's tolerable now anyways... 

1 hour ago, FNQ Outcast said:

I've cleaned up my copy of Killers a little..... plastic polish...

Have you tried the 'clear, gel glue' cleaning method?

There is a dedicated thread in the Vinyl section ( I think that's where it is ).

Worth a shot I reckon.  I've used it many times.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz

7 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Have you tried the 'clear, gel glue' cleaning method?

There is a dedicated thread in the Vinyl section ( I think that's where it is ).

Worth a shot I reckon.  I've used it many times.

Yeah, I tried 'Record re-virginiser' first... didn't do much... pretty much outgassing seriously stuffs the vinyl...

I've read it is in fact a chemical reaction from the old style plastic covers many albums came in that breaks down & causes chemicals from the inner sleeve to leach into the vinyl itself creating microbubbles in the vinyl surface... (thence the 'wooshing sound'.

I read about the polishing idea online, was pretty sceptical to be honest & while it makes a difference cosmetically, ie: the polishing I've tried removes the look of the outgassing (a white ghosting over the record) & possibly polishes some of the surface vinyl but, can't see how it would get down into the grooves & no matter how fine the polish, it's gotta be removing material which can't be the best... has it achieved some improvement, well yes but, it's exceptionally minor on the scale of things...

Figured I had nothing to lose, could'nt really make it any worse... surprisingly, it has achieved a very minor improvement but, not much... :(

Consensus online seems to be that nothing will fix it as it's a chemical reaction that has damaged the vinyl surface... guess I should count myself lucky it only happened to 3 out of about 60 odd LP's... all outer covers & inner sleeves have subsequently been replaced with materials that don't outgas... 

• Like 1