FOUND: WTB: Entry level phono pre-amp with MM and MC capability (NAD PP2 / CA 640P / Pro-Ject Phono Box class - $100ish)

Item: Phono pre-amp with MM and MC capability (NAD PP2 / CA 640P / Pro-Ject Phono Box class)
Price Range: around $100
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info: I've simplified my TV room setup and am now using an Onkyo AVR which has a phono input, but it is crap. I want to add a basic MM/MC pre-amp so I can listen to the occasional record on my Kenwood KD-500. Please let me know if you have something suitable.

Happy to pay postage.

Thanks

DaveR

Edited by Prana69
  • Prana69 changed the title to WTB: Entry level phono pre-amp with MM and MC capability (NAD PP2 / CA 640P / Pro-Ject Phono Box class - $100ish)
17 hours ago, Prana69 said:

Item: Phono pre-amp with MM and MC capability (NAD PP2 / CA 640P / Pro-Ject Phono Box class)
Price Range: around $100
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info: I've simplified my TV room setup and am now using an Onkyo AVR which has a phono input, but it is crap. I want to add a basic MM/MC pre-amp so I can listen to the occasional record on my Kenwood KD-500. Please let me know if you have something suitable.

Happy to pay postage.

Thanks

DaveR

Hi DaveR,

I have an old Pro-Ject phono box model that you could have for free. 
Only problem is I don’t know if I have an AC adapter. 
I got this unit as a bonus with a turntable I bought on here a few years ago and it’s just in the cupboard doing nothing. 
If you’re interested I can try to look for the power adapter on the weekend. 

Let me know if you’re interested. No worries if not. 

Cheers,

Peter

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey Peter

Thanks for the offer. That would be brilliant! If you can find the adapter -bonus! - but if not I am sure I have or can find a suitably specced replacement.

It looks like the unit uses jumpers inside to change from MM to MC. Can you please open it up and confirm that the jumpers are there?

Where are you located?

DaveR

Edited by Prana69
jumpers..
1 hour ago, Prana69 said:

Hey Peter

Thanks for the offer. That would be brilliant! If you can find the adapter -bonus! - but if not I am sure I have or can find a suitably specced replacement.

It looks like the unit uses jumpers inside to change from MM to MC. Can you please open it up and confirm that the jumpers are there?

Where are you located?

DaveR

PM’ed

• Like 1