SOLD: FS: iFi Audio iDSD Micro BL DAC/AMP with MQA

SOLD
Item Condition: Used but like new
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Cheltenham
State: VIC
Payment Method: Osko, EFT, PayPal
Reason for selling: Upgraded

Further information:

Selling this as it’s surplus now that I’ve got my Topping D90/A90 combo. 

The sound is clear, liquid and smooth with this dual burr brown dac amp. Although this can be used as a portable solution it’s just as capable with desktop use, putting a full 4W into 16 ohms and drove my HiFiMan Arya with aplomb. I’m not just talking volume-wise, I’m talking dynamic range and the richness of sound from these hard to drive planars. Has 3 power levels from IEMs all the way to power hungry full sized cans and even comes with built in EQ filters that non destructively add to the sonic characters if you so prefer. 

Comes with the retail box and cables included. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

C3F2F685-74F1-491B-8133-D0CFD2E9052B.jpeg

Edited by akqrate
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, akqrate said:
Price: $400
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.

Further information:

The sound is clear, liquid and smooth with this dual burr brown dac amp. Although this can be used as a portable solution it’s just as capable with desktop use, putting a full 4W into 16 ohms and drove my HiFiMan Arya with aplomb. I’m not just talking volume-wise, I’m talking dynamic range and the richness of sound from these hard to drive planars. Has 3 power levels from IEMs all the way to power hungry full sized cans and even comes with built in EQ filters that non destructively add to the sonic characters if you so prefer. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

11 hours ago, akqrate said:
Price: $400

Further information:

Photos:

PLEASE READ

Hi there

Can I ask how long you have had this and is it still under warranty?

Is the DAC Roon ready?

Cheers

Barry

Hi Barry,

Almost a year and it’s still under warranty. 

I don’t use Roon so can’t talk to my personal experiences. 
Have a look at this page: https://roonlabs.com/partners/ifi

According to this the iFi Micro DSD BL is Roon Tested. There seems to be a difference in Roon Tested vs Roon Ready, explained at the bottom of the page. 

Edited by akqrate

50 minutes ago, akqrate said:

Hi Barry,

Almost a year and it’s still under warranty. 

I don’t use Roon so can’t talk to my personal experiences. 
Have a look at this page: https://roonlabs.com/partners/ifi

According to this the iFi Micro DSD BL is Roon Tested. There seems to be a difference in Roon Tested vs Roon Ready, explained at the bottom of the page. 

Thanks I will have a think about it, I am also looking at Schitt Modi 3 with an amp

Honestly, it’s a stark difference. One is an entry level dac and amp combo that punches well above its weight, one is a mid- high tier dac amp in one that is desktop grade but also portable and using well respected and proven burr brown chipset. The combo will drive cans with plenty of volume but not the depth and sonic character the way the iFi does. Not to mention there won’t be channel imbalance issues due to being an all in one unit, and EQ on top of that alongside MQA rendering if that matters to you (it definitely did to me). It’s also upgradable - the iFi didn’t have MQA at launch. 

For similar money or even twice the money it’d be the iFi hands down. 

My upgrade path from the schiit stack was to the iFi and now the upgrade from that has been the D90 MQA/ A90 combo. 

I kept the iFi around for a while because it was basically a great unit to just keep, even at the original price the performance you were getting was awesome, and then the added benefit of taking it anywhere! The reason why I’m selling it now is because I don’t really travel all that much anymore and already have the D90/A90 performing dual duty at home as a headphone dac and amp but also a speaker dac and preamp. 

Edited by akqrate
  • Like 1