WITHDRAWN: FS: Elekit TU-8500 Tube Preamplifier (with MM/MC Phono)

Item Condition: Excellente
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: VIC 3030
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash, EFT
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:

Letting this awesome Elekit TU-8500. It was beautifully built by Australian Authorised Dealer, RF Waves WA. (I wish I  could built like this clean) and works perfectly.

Condition is mint and there is no scratch or dent whatsoever and comes with original packaging.

The original tubes have used very little hours so might still need a bit more burn in.

Tried Phonostage and sounds great.

I believe that a few SNAers improve even further by upgrading caps and opamps and tubes then competes far more expensive preamps.

RF Waves currently sells $1,150 + $50 shipping so save some dough get mint condition one.

Hope it goes to a good home and be loved.

Thank you.

Photos:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

These things are so good.   Probably need to spend 3xmore to match the performance.  I upgraded input caps,  opamps and the tubes on mine. 

image.png.288c811136584e8cb991d77c177dd532.pnga

Edited by Dom V
  • Like 1

Just put some new caps in mine only last weekend.  There's lots of great reviews for it online as delivering unmatched price/performance. Doctor john cheaptubeaudio covers it in detail (6 part review series) and in the context of other high end equipment (including driving the japanese kondo ongaku): https://cheaptubeaudio.blogspot.com/2015/03/review-elekit-tu-8500-full-function.html

unnamed.thumb.jpg.3622b8af7b15e1e8a52fd686502b1d59.jpg

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, Spider27 said:

My My... All those photos and reviews encouraging not to sell but mod/upgrade it further. Spidey is getting bitten by tinker bug ☺️

Out of curiosity, has any one tried Burson Opamp for upgrade path?

This forum thread discusses various opamp options : https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/elekit/350640-tu-8500-phono-stage-upgrades-8.html

From what I understand, the standard opamp upgrade most people do is OPA2227P  (which is what I have done).  If you can spend more money then apparently MUSE01 can provide better performance.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wansmith said:

Just put some new caps in mine only last weekend.  There's lots of great reviews for it online as delivering unmatched price/performance. Doctor john cheaptubeaudio covers it in detail (6 part review series) and in the context of other high end equipment (including driving the japanese kondo ongaku): https://cheaptubeaudio.blogspot.com/2015/03/review-elekit-tu-8500-full-function.html

unnamed.thumb.jpg.3622b8af7b15e1e8a52fd686502b1d59.jpg

Thos MCap supremes will be a very nice upgrade over the stock mundorfs..