SOLD: FS: Devialet Expert Pro 140

SOLD
Item Condition: Used, good condition
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Forestville
State: NSW
Payment Method: PayPal friend, PayID
Reason for selling: Spousal agreement - big TV purchase

Further information: I bought this from Class A Audio a year ago. They currently list an ex-demo for $6,800. Very reluctant sale, but it was the necessary trade-off to getting a new 77" TV.

I particularly love the ease of use with so many streaming and music management software. And the gorgeous remote. And the Phono preamp configuration and SAM speaker settings. Did I say I was reluctant? ?

Configuration is driven by the Devialet website, where the settings file gets put on to a SD card. One is supplied, but you can actually put the config file on any SD card, so no worry if it is ever lost. I changed the settings a number of times, and it is pretty intuitive - e.g. set RCA inputs to Phono, or HT bypass, or CD input.

My interface of choice was Roon, where it works seamlessly with not just the streaming but also volume control from a phone or tablet. And for broader family use, Spotify was also dead easy and sounded as good as a lossy format can sound. See photos. It switches automatically from standby or from another input.

I have the packaging and external box, so is easy to arrange for courier service. CoVid-safe pickup is also ok, but I am in the Northern Beaches "yellow" lockdown zone. I will only do pickup of box fully packed.

Photos: - This is the hardest product I've ever had to take good photos due to the extremely reflective surface. There are no observed scratches.

DSC_1112.thumb.JPG.b7c1b171ffb95d359f51c871f72da7f9.JPG

DSC_1116.thumb.JPG.34c8d1f484b6e726725616d8c99d22a9.JPG

DSC_1117.thumb.JPG.a0fd29d16bc43e1d7f97d0bde1393199.JPG

DSC_1118.thumb.JPG.63c50b64ffde10bfae8814b150741f89.JPG

DSC_1125.thumb.JPG.339491b30841741c3964e5bbf889960f.JPG

DSC_1124.thumb.JPG.af46373e9090bac440f07c73cfd0d1d5.JPG

DSC_1119.thumb.JPG.b2caeb4176ef89182a5c205bb49d05ce.JPG

• Like 1

For connecting headphones directly to a Devialet Expert or Pro you would need to have the pre out board installed.

The pre out board is also used to connect a subwoofer.

To use both subwoofer and headphones you would need to have 2 configurations on 2 separate SD cards. One for using headphones, one for using subwoofer.

If you had things set up for using a subwoofer and you wanted to use your headphones you would need to disconnect the subwoofer from the pre out, connect your headphones to the pre out, eject the SD card with your subwoofer configuration and install another SD card with your headphone configuration.

Sounds complicated but easy to do in reality and takes less than a minute.

5 minutes ago, gray said:

The Devialet supplied SD card is a 2GB card.

4GB cards will also work.

Larger than 4GB cards apparently will not work.

4GB cards are available online but not commonly available in stores.

I have two cards to supply. There is the original one, and I got a second one. So yes it could be done to have two different configurations.

I hadn't tried it - but I wish I had. I was always trying to decide between having the RCAs as phono input or HT bypass. Just turn on with the different card, and you are set.

4 hours ago, JCM said:

Tried to PM also, I’d say  it’s sold LOL but if not I’m keen and literally next door! 

I'm back in PM zone.