Low Impedance MC Cart recommendations

I'm currently using a Lyra Delos which has an internal impedance of 6.3 Ohms. I would like to try something even lower, say below 5 Ohms but in a similar price range to the Delos.

I realise lower internal impedance usually equates to higher prices but I'm hoping someone may have experience with something of equivalent price. This will be fed into highly acclaimed current injection phono stage of which I'm keen to get optimum results from.

9 hours ago, PicoWattson said:

I'm currently using a Lyra Delos which has an internal impedance of 6.3 Ohms. I would like to try something even lower, say below 5 Ohms but in a similar price range to the Delos.

I realise lower internal impedance usually equates to higher prices but I'm hoping someone may have experience with something of equivalent price. This will be fed into highly acclaimed current injection phono stage of which I'm keen to get optimum results from.

I think Delta 667 on Vinyl Engine can do this. Give him a Hoi.

6 hours ago, andyr said:

Howsabout this?

FS: Murasakino Sumile Reference Moving Coil Cartridge - Classifieds - Commercial - StereoNET

Coil impedance of 1.2 ohms!  (I doubt you can get lower!  :o )

Andy

My Sonic Lab series of cartridges! They range from 0.6 ohm to 1.8 ohm with output of 0.3 to 0.5mv.  They also made the Murasakino Sumile and AirTight etc cartridges.  .  I am running one of their signature cartridges at present.  Very agile, transparent yet balanced cartridge.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, andyr said:

Coil impedance of 1.2 ohms!  (I doubt you can get lower!  :o )

Yes I can confirm @denimhunteris completely correct.

My Sonic Lab Ultra Eminent EX cart has a impedance of 0.6 ohms.

61247EF5-A17C-4B3D-8B72-A44C7706B531.thumb.jpeg.5e263c168f0233b48bcc9c3cc45a2f23.jpeg

8 hours ago, PicoWattson said:

Thanks for those recommendations. The My Sonic Lab range will be investigated more thoroughly.

I can definitely recommend the My Sonic Lab carts, they sound absolutely amazing.

Though I should point out that price-wise they are a fair step up from the price of a Delos.

If indeed that Sumile is made by Mr. Yoshio Matsudaira then that FS is very much a bargain if you can afford it.

10 hours ago, PicoWattson said:

Thanks for those recommendations. The My Sonic Lab range will be investigated more thoroughly.

You might well find that as that Sumile cart I referenced is going for 50% off ... it is cheaper than a 'My Sonic Lab' cart?  :)

Andy