I use an app on my Mac called My Movies 2 Pro (https://www.mymovies.dk). I also have an app on my iPhone so the two apps sync. It is multi platform so you can also get Windows and Android versions. One of the advantages of this app is that it also catalogs digital movies that you may have purchased from Apple etc.

I used to use a Windows program called DVD Profiler, but they refused to produce a Mac version and I was sick of running Windows via Parallels for one program only so I went with the above instead of DVD Profiler.

I use bluray.com’s My Movies App (on IOS, but should be on Android also). Seems to work well & supports many types of media.

I use DVD Profiler and input my movies on my desktop version.

There is a IOS APP of the same which you can sync / copy your collection to, or visa versa, enter your movies in the APP and copy / sync to the desktop version.

Makes it handy to have a copy on your iphone when out buying new movies, as you can check to see that you haven't already bought that particular movie [or have ordered it] already, which has happened to me a few times before.

As I posted above, I used to use DVD Profiler. Being a Mac user and DVD Profiler being a Windows only program I had to change to a version that had a Mac version. You can run DVD Profiler on a Mac using a program like Parallels. The only problem is that you have to have a supported version of Windows like Windows 10, also Parallels started charging an annual subscription of around $90.00. This is too much to pay when you are only running Windows to use DVD Profiler. I ditched DVD Profiler and the cost of the new program plus an iOS app was far less than the annual Parallels fee.

If you don't mind paying a few dollars, take a look at Collectorz.com

I use this to keep track of my comic collection lol.

They also have a CD & Vinyl program.

Supports PC, Mac, iOS & Andriod

Movie Collector-

Adding new movies to your personal movie database is quick and easy:

1. Just search our online movie database by title or by barcode.
  2. Select the movie and/or DVD/Blu-Ray edition you own.
  3. Click the Add button.

Our Core online movie database will then automatically provide

• Full movie details like Cast, Crew, Year, Studio, Genre, Plot, Duration, etc...
  • Cover art, movie posters, backdrop art and trailer videos.
  • For TV Series, full episode details (plot, first air dates, cast) and screen shot images.