Tannoy 15" Monitor Reds Dual Concentric Speakers housed in Custom Made Solid Jarrah Cabinets

Item Condition: excellent like new
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Marmion
State: WA
Payment Method: EFT, Cash on pickup
Reason for selling: No longer needed

Further information:

For SALE here is the result of a "LABOUR OF LOVE PROJECT" which took many years to complete and coupled with the right HIFI equipment, these speakers give results dreams are made of.
THE DRIVERS:
two 15" Monitor RED Dual Concentric speakers with close serial numbers - Almost an Un Obtainum in today's Vintage HIFI market.
Silver Duelund Wiring was used from the connections for the HF and LF drivers to the binding posts of the external crossovers.
THE CROSSOVERS:
Connex Binding posts were used for the external crossovers having used the ‘bypass’ method, thus binding posts are not part of the circuit.
All Inductors, Capacitors and Resistors are from the DUELUND Range.
For the HF and LF circuits PIO CAST Copper Inductors, capacitors with silver resistors were used.
For the parallel running Notch Filter in the HF Circuit, the capacitor from the DUELUND RS range was used with a WPIO Inductor.
Silver wiring was used in the HF circuits, with copper wires in the LF circuit.
THE CABINETS:
Custom made of 25mm solid Jarrah Wood - as per Tannoy’s GRF-R plans, including the fitting of the very important 'Teardrop' at the beginning of the horn chamber to avoid the mixing of High and Low frequencies through the horn chambers.
The rear removeable panels had been strengthened with 40mm in depth frameworks, the void spaces filled with sand and another 25mm solid Jarrah panels to avoid mechanical vibrations and for a tight and beautiful bass.
THE SPEAKERS PLATFORMS:
Made from 40mm Perspex for the speaker cabinets to sit on, custom made solid Brass Spikes connect the 40mm Perspex to the floor.

I live in Perth, Western Australia
and local pickup is preferred, but can ship Australia or worldwide at buyers cost.
If there are any questions from serious and interested buyers or additional photos required, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

Completed Crossovers.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010004 (2).JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010007.JPG

P1010011.JPG

P1010013.JPG

Perspex Speaker Platform with Spikes mounted.JPG

Speakers in system.JPG

• Like 8
  • Love 4

I just had to pick my jaw off the floor... Wow what an amazing opportunity for someone to get a very unique pair of speakers... simply stunning~~~!!!

Looks like these speakers deserve a dedicated thread just on the construction and design work that has gone into them.

Bloody F A N T A S T I C :thumbsup:

Edited by Willmax
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

Better to ask for forgivness than for permission...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Willmax said:

I just had to pick my jaw from the floor... Wow

Mine hit just after yours. Good thing yours was there to cushion my fall.

• Like 1

How have you managed to better these. I imagine these would better or equal anything else in the Tannoy line up

Edited by harfdef
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank for you comments guys;-)

I have all the photos from the manufacturing process for these speakers available.

Also, the wiring diagram for the external crossovers are available.

Problem is, -people are always interested in the purchase of a Porsche but are willing to pay for a KIA only:-)

• Like 1

I'm surprised no one has bought these yet. They look like the ultimate endgame Tannoys!

I wish I was in WA to be able to come over for a listen.

@Braumeister What speakers are you planning to replace these babies, I'd be curious to know?