WTB: Pass Labs XA30.8 or X250.8

Item: Pass Labs XA 30.8 or X250.8
Price Range:
Item Condition:  Used
Extra Info: preferably in sydney

Thank you

Edited by 88hht

There's a big difference in performance and price between the two you are looking for.

How efficient are the speakers you are looking to power with these amps?

I've done a back to back comparison of these at a QAC meeting at my place with my Ambience 1800 References which are supposed to be capable of being driven by 80 w 8 ohm amplifiers.

The 30.8 just didn't have the grunt needed to make those speakers sing.

My 250.5 did. Not a huge difference between the .5 and the .8. Pass Labs still made the .5 alongside the new  .8 for several years as some buyers preferred the sound of the .5.

Hi Pegasus. I have fairly efficient speakers 94db open back speakers. The 15" woofers are rated 150w though for my listening volume ~85db with spikes of 94db im sure the 30.8 should be powerful enough. I did listen to both amps connected to xp22 pre but they were hooked to Kef Blade speakers at a store. Spent 15mins listening to each however the amps were not warmed up but somehow the x250.8 just sounded very open and much wider sound stage whereas the 30.8 was very centre focus and the sound did not surround me, it was a very noticeable difference. Again not sure if because the amps are not warmed up for an hour or the 30.8 lack the power. We then switched to gryphon diablo 120 and it sounded like the 250.8, very open sounding.

Looking at the Ambience 1800 it is a similar concept to full open back speakers and power rating, so thank you, perhaps i would be looking for the 250

Edited by 88hht