DLS TA2 Tube Amplifier - Audiophile, Rare

Item Condition: Mint
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Tarneit
State: VIC
Payment Method: Paypal with fees, EFT
Reason for selling: No longer needed

DLS Ultimate Tube Amplifier TA2.

I have 2 amps - this is for 1.

Excellent condition.

ULTIMATE series TA2 is a HiFi two-channel amplifier with 2 x 100 Watts output power. This is an extremely well-sounding amplifier for car use. We did not compromize in any section of the construction when we designed the electronic circuits.

The TA2 is using the very best components in all sections of the amplifier, from the input circuitry, through the whole amplifier to the final output stage. Two pieces of CV4010 pentodes is used in the signal path. These tubes are made by VALVE Electronics in England during 1982 - 1984. The Valve Electronics company produced best sounding tubes in the tube industry before they closed. The tubes are spare parts for military equipment so they fulfil military specifications.

We use silver wire Capacitors in signal path and power supply for a focused sound image. Special designed DLS Audio capacitors in key points and WIMA polypropylene capacitors. Four pieces of 4700 uF on each channel for a deep and wide sound stage. Dual mono power system design plus separate power supply for tube and pre-amp stage for clear sound reproduction.

- RMS output per channel @ 13,8 volts, 20 Hz - 20 kHz ,

Separate level controls for each channel.

Specifications

Number of channels 2

Amplifier class AB

Output power in 2 ohm 2 x 200 W RMS

Output power in 4 ohm 2 x 100 W RMS

Damping factor >240

S/N ratio, A-weighted >102 dB

Frequency range 10 Hz - 50 kHz

Input sensitivity 0,5 - 7V

Input impedance > 10 kohm

High pass filter 20 - 200 Hz, 12 dB slope

Low level output No

Remote bass level control No

Remote phase shift control No

High level input with auto start No

Integrated fan No

Power consumption (idle) 1,5 A

Power consumption (max) 40 A

Rec. power cable Minimum 5AWG / 16 mm2 for each channel / kanal

Dimension (W x D x H) 410 x 240 x 73 mm (16,15 x 9,45 x 2,87 inch)

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

20210104_134013.jpg

20210104_134028.jpg

20210104_134053.jpg

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WC HiFi Midland
      Item Condition: UNOPENED NEW STOCK Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: MIDLAND State: WA Payment Method: Direct transfer, ZIP MONEY, In store credit card, cash Reason for selling: NEW MODELS COMING UNOPENED MRX1120 HIGH END AV RECEIVER

VALUED AT $5299

FULL MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY

PRICED FOR QUICK SALE

• By Essence
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Balwyn State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, PayID, Bank Transfer, Cash Reason for selling: upgraded (to purifi) Further information:

The rating is VERY conservatively rated, closer to 90-100w when measured. Not power limited by any capacity, almost 2x power into 4ohms Original owner bought late last year from Dacman Audio, can provide purchase receipt  2 years+ warranty left Have all original packing & willing to ship The remote has been protected since day 1, immaculate condition Remote can turn the unit on/off Price dropped, more than 30% off RRP. Donation to SNA will be provided on the sale of the unit.   
      Photos:

Internals of a silver unit:

• By spamnoj
      Item Condition: DIY Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: Cash, Paypal Reason for selling: Not being used Further information:

Hi gang, first off the bat I've got to be upfront and say that I do not like how these sound. Bought them from another member here as per the ad below and they sounded tinny and shrill. I thought maybe it was the cabinets and some run in time was required. Risks of buying speakers unheard I guess, but was expecting more given good reviews online.

I then got some plans from David Dicks, owner of AN and went with the build for the 2.8 Mk II cabinets which was the biggest I thought I would get away with for our living room. It has opened up after some run in time and the midrange has come in, but still very little bass to speak of despite the larger cabinet volumes. Really wanted to like these and made for a fun lockdown project, but it's time for me to give this one up and hopefully someone else can do something with them or get them sounding as they should.

Made of 18mm MDF so cabinets are quite hefty. Cabinet is a DIY job so don't expect perfection, but they're not too bad and would look decent once finished. Cabinet dimensions 980mm high, 350mm deep, 305mm wide. Grilles are attached magnetically.

Pick up only, but if there's interest in just the drivers I could consider splitting and shipping just drivers.

Keen to move these along, and think I've priced it reasonably considering cost of drivers alone is USD295, plus materials and lots of time for the cabinets.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By rt3m
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Botany State: NSW Payment Method: Reason for selling: too many subs Further information:

Both power module and control plate (power module was failed, but i was told it comes as a single replacement unit from the manufacturer) were replaced in Dec 2020 by authorized workshop. Currently in perfect working and cosmetical condition.

Photos:

• By GavD
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: South Yarra State: VIC Payment Method: Cash on pickup, Osko/PayID transfer on pickup Reason for selling: Putting a kitty together for another purchase Further information: When I picked this up it had been in storage for a long while. I think it was part of a deceased estate and the guy didn't really know what it was and he had no way of testing it...I took a chance. When I first set it up my heart sunk, it sounded terrible. I then took to it with the Deoxit and whammo...revived! It's given my ear holes many hours of listening pleasure ever since. To my knowledge no other work has been done on it. Faceplate is immaculate and every function works. I have been using both the Aux and Phono inputs throughout the time that I have owned it. I also had the matching tuner (104) but that has been sold. I know I'll regret selling this as it was my first foray into 70's HiFi, I love Marantz gear and it's in amazing condition. But I'm putting a kitty together for a tube amplifier and the proceeds will help.

Power (RMS) 2 X 20w/8 ohms
      Power Band: 20Hz/20Khz
      Freq response: 20Hz/20kHz +/- 1dB
      Harmonic at rated output: 0,3%
      Intermodulation distortion: 0,3%
      Damping Factor: 20 - 8 ohms
      Input Sensitivity Phono: 2.1 mV
      Output Impedance: 4 to 16 ohms
      Dimensions: 360 x 120 x 280 mm
      Weight: 7.5 Kg

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.