SOLD: FS: Sansui AU-alpha 907NRA integrated amplifier

SOLD
Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Sunbury
State: VIC
Payment Method: EFT, CASH
Reason for selling: Making some changes

Further information:

I don't think this amplifier needs any introduction. One of the finest few amps that Sansui ever produced. If you search on here, you should be able to find a few impressions and review, from some of our esteemed fellow members, praising its fine sound quality.

This particular piece is in excellent condition throughout and is all original as far as I can tell. Works and sounds absolutely perfectly with no issues whatsoever. The side wood panels are in excellent condition as well with only slight and small marks and blemish on only one of them which is hard to notice unless you look for it. Overall in great condition with nothing undesirable worth mentioning.

Note: This is a Japanese domestic market amplifier and works on 100v only. Will need a step down transformer to work here is Australia.

Priced here very reasonably for a quick sale as I really want to try some other Sansui models in the Alpha range that I haven't tried yet. I personally imported this amplifier from Japan with significant more expense than my asking price here. I would love to keep it in my collection but have decided to move on to get some funds as well as to free up some space which I am very short of.

Personal pickup is strongly preferred but happy to consider shipping if I do not find any local buyer. I do have the box it was shipped in from Japan so can pack it safely.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Thanks.

Photos:

IMG_20210116_201324.jpg

IMG_20210116_201405.jpg

IMG_20210116_201340.jpg

IMG_20210116_201456.jpg

IMG_20210117_101711.jpg

Edited by MrMojo
  • Like 8
  • Love 2

I guess the trafo can be re-wired to take 220v.

Most of the equipment I came across can be rewired to 220v.

Edited by Kkr
Autocorrect ?

1 minute ago, Kkr said:

I guess the trafo can be required to take 220v.

Most of the equipment I came across can be rewired to 220v.

The transformer itself would need to be extensively modified (i.e. rewound) by a transformer expert - the lovely original 13kg Tamura transformer only has windings to suit 100V operation. 

Rather than modify it and potentially affect resale value and originality, it is far easier to add a 240V to 100V stepdown transformer. I can confirm that an appropriately sized stepdown works perfectly with the big Sansui Alpha amps. 

283016804_907nra.JPG.000d4794ec4144be6fecf58652036d46.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pete_mac said:

The transformer itself would need to be extensively modified (i.e. rewound) by a transformer expert - the lovely original 13kg Tamura transformer only has windings to suit 100V operation. 

Okay, ya, this trafo may not be re-wireable.

Edited by Kkr
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mattd2308 said:

Pretty imposing looking amp, were these only for the Japanese domestic market? 

See they were around 1998, going by hifi engine.  Who sold Sansui in Melbourne back in the day? I thought my Denon was heavy, this thing is 33kg! 

AFAIK, the NRA series was never exported, so yes Japanese domestic market only.

All the 907s were fairly heavy due to top class construction and also the Tamura transformer that itself weighs around 13kg alone!

• Like 1

This is amazing superlative gear, gotta take my hat off to Sansui, it just oozes quality and sophistication, I'm sure it would rival many modern amplifiers costing multiple times the asking price. 

GLWTS

Edited by Willmax
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My 907mr is just as heavy. Forgot how impressive the internals are but Pete's picture above reminded me. I'm keeping mine after 2 fail attempts at sale. Just too beautiful tone to give up. I even use mine for expensive headphones and they sound really lovely.  Such force and punch and details. With speakers, it's amazing. ?

I run Yggdrasil balanced into it.

This is a very lovely unit. Will make someone really happy. 

Edited by Odyssey
  • Like 1