Which Turntable - up to $2000 (inc arm and cartridge)

So I’ve given up on my project RPM 5 Carbon. 
The channel imbalance and my consequent stuff up to having no right channel has broken my will to have it repaired. 

What should I be looking at that will match or out perform my RPM 5 Carbon with 2m blue with around $2k to spend. 

Also what’s my rpm5 with 2m blue (maybe played 150 records) worth given that the tone arm needs re wiring which doesn’t sound like an expensive fix but just a pain for someone living in a country town with  no one here who specializes. 

Regards

Jarrod

Project rpm is definitely one of the easier tonearm no need to disassemble the arm just open the RCA connectors box and fish a new set wires through the. Solder the wires to the RCA you're done. When I did mine it was a hour work max

59 minutes ago, mloutfie said:

Project rpm is definitely one of the easier tonearm no need to disassemble the arm just open the RCA connectors box and fish a new set wires through the. Solder the wires to the RCA you're done. When I did mine it was a hour work max

It actually doesn’t look hard but I don’t seem to have the fine motor skills required. 

that said though, where did you get the replace to wires please?

13 hours ago, JOH1975 said:

What should I be looking at that will match or out perform my RPM 5 Carbon with 2m blue with around $2k to spend.

Will leave the repair comments to your repair thread! 
I am a fan of Pro-ject Turntables and in your price range the Pro-Ject X1 is a gem if you want to go new.  You might even stretch to the 2m Bronze.  Good review under the StereoNet 2020 Product of the Year awards.

Comes pre-setup so you don't need to do any of the tricky stuff. Electronic speed control on board, standard hinged / removable cover, compact layout  But if you want to tweak the arm / cartridge you can. Doesn't have the upgrade capacity of Rega's, but if you just want to enjoy the vinyl a good way to go.

Gibbo 

All good and thanks for the advice. I’m back up and running with my RPM5 Carbon. 

found the problem - was able to nervously fix it myself. I’m pleased because this is supposed to be my end game TT (maybe a 2m bronze cartridge upgrade later). I don’t really want to buy another TT unless I’m spending mega $$$ ie lotto win kinda money. 

And if I did have to replace the TT then new gold clubs would have had to wait a year or so but all good now. 😅