Gday All

I want to connect an older sub woofer to my NAD 777.  NAD manual shows one cable from AVR sub out (1) to LFE on sub woofer.  My sub woofer is a Monitor Audio Bronze BRW-10.  It only has L&R.  Manual states only method of signal input to the sub.  "When using a stereo amplifier system, connection can be provided by a pair of quality signal cables from the pre-out section of the amplifier.  If a digital A/V processor or A/V  receiver/amplifier is to be used, a single cable can be connected from the 'sub-out' or LFE connection on the amplifier to the RCA input connection on the sub labelled 'R'.  The RCA input marked 'L' in this case will remain unused."

Initially the system was setup by a HiFi store (older NAD died).  Tad confused as the cable I have looks like an RCA cable with a y splitter.  The y splitter is plugged into the "L" & "R" of the sub.  Other end into to receiver.

Should I use the y splitter when I think I can just use one cable from the receiver to RCA connection "R" on the sub?  Also confused by a pair of quality signal cables stated in the sub manual.  Do I need a pair of cables, How should it be setup?

Far from a guru.  Appreciate the help.  Ta

1516504058_g745T777V34.thumb.jpg.4938fd34921813a06d76094e9c568e1b.jpg

With your AVR you can use either a single cable or the splitter cable. You only need separate L & R cables for a stereo amp that doesn't split the bass off into an LFE channel.