Item Condition: Used = Excellent AUS stock 13/11/20
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Teneriffe
State: QLD
Payment Method: Paypal Cash
Reason for selling: NLR

GUSTARD DAC-A22 DAC Dual AK4499 XMOS Solution Native Balanced Decoder - MQA - With USB - sorry about the photos - I have packed it up for a friend but that has fallen through. The DAC is blemish free and in prefect working order. I can send you more photos if you need.

Gustard has been researching the audio field for nearly ten years, and its various audio DAC products have been widely recognised by users all over the world.

In this era of rapid development of digital technology, Gustard never dared to slack off, and has a systematic and in-depth study of audio DAC chips from many manufacturers. We have systematically studied the chips of AKM (Asahi Kasei). Now, based on the careful debugging of their previous generation flagship chip AK4497, we released Gustard's first audio DAC product with dual AK4499. That is, A22.

The analog LPF circuit of the A22 still uses the full discrete Class A circuit that we have applied for many years. This discrete circuit has been very matured after many years of practical application. 

This time we also made targeted adjustments to other peripheral circuits of the AK4499 chip to improve the overall quality of the A22. A22 is very good in both user function and performance.

The Gustard A22 is an audio DAC that uses two AK4499EQs for dual mono audio digital-to-analog conversion.

Gustard A22 technical features:

• The left and right channels are each using a AKM company's flagship chip AK4499 for dual mono audio digital-to-analog conversion. The two-channel DAC circuits are completely independent and independently grounded, and do not interfere with each other to achieve optimal performance.

• Using CPLD programmable logic chip, self-developed logic function digital integrated circuit, built-in clock management, 2nd PLL digital shaping, DOP demodulation, PCM/DSD depop switch and other exclusive technologies, laying a solid foundation for excellent sound quality;

• 8-channel hybrid discrete IV conversion circuit and independent adder circuit, fully meet the requirements of AK4499 output current, and ensure high sound quality from the source;

• The digital and analog circuits each use a specially customized 50W audio dedicated toroidal transformer, which is completely independent and does not interfere with each other;
• Native fully balanced architecture, without any conversion, complete two-channel fully balanced output;

• The analog LPF circuit uses the discrete line independently developed by Gustard, and has carefully adjusted each level of parameters to achieve the best working condition;

• Supports high-quality digital volume adjustment of 0dB~-90dB total 90 positions, with remote control for easy adjustment of volume;

• All input interfaces support DSD:
IIS supports DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512;
SPDIF, AES/EBU support DSD64, DSD128 (in DOP mode);
Optical supports DSD64 (in DOP mode);
USB supports DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512;

• A wide range of digital filter options
The PCM has six digital filters available: Short Delay Sharp Roll-off/Short Delay Slow Roll-off/Sharp Roll-off/Slow Roll-off/Super Slow Roll-off/Low Dispersion Short Delay Filter,
DSD has 2 digital filters available: L-BW and H-BW

• The A22's built-in USB digital audio interface daughter board uses an XMOS USB audio controller XU208, which supports up to PCM768 DSD512.

• The brightness of the screen is adjustable, it will be automatically remembered after 10 seconds of operation, and the previous settings will be automatically maintained at the time of power-on;

• Dimensions: width 330* deep 260* height 65MM (without protruding parts);

• Package size: length 420* width 360* height 175MM;

• Packing weight: 7.5KG;

• International voltage AC100V-240V (requires manual adjustment);

• Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz +/-0.08dB

• Line output level:
RCA output level 3.0 Vrms @0dBFS,
XLR output level 6.0 Vrms @0dBFS

• XLR pin definition: US standard (1 ground, 2 hot, 3 cold) 

IMG_1100.jpeg

IMG_1071.jpeg

55a18654459d6926b777360c9fc02826_2048x2048_4f0bd2b5-9398-41d5-ae28-55df655a1353_2048x2048.jpg

368fea8903621b95593559d88a08a5c6.jpg

a6d34d48434a449e2061a0fd7e615d0c.jpg

b518a9dc192b1327892f7024d8cb0f29_2048x2048_a84a2cd4-69d9-419e-ac52-9d2cd9b2d456_2048x2048.jpg

be9629f27b85cd841342f1f03c3fdca5.jpg

@Ccollins correct.  I'm the friend that Neil speaks of and it's an honour to have known him. A true gentleman. 🙂

I have a change of mind because I've bought 4 amps and 1 Hekse in this month alone. So sadly have to not consider this lovely dac. It's a beauty with so many features and a great dac.  Despite having Yggdrasil, I'm tempted by this. However not this time. Someone else will get to enjoy it and Neil has price it at a big discount. It's like 2 month old and like new.

GLWTS Neil but this will be gone in a flash.

Have a listen to the Gustard A22 in this Youtube clip.

• Love 1

I've heard the little brother of this model, the A18, and if the A22 sounds anything like it then this should make someone very happy.  A lot of features and more importantly amazing sound for the money.

If only I wasn't so skint.

• BlueOceanBoy changed the title to FS: GUSTARD DAC-A22 WITHDRAWN - thanks