KEF Reference Floorstand Bass Reflex Speaker - Model 203/2

Hi Everyone

We gratefully received some KEF Reference Floorstand Bass Reflex Speakers  - Model 203/2 as a wedding gift 11 years ago but have not used them, and they have been boxed until last year.

I was recommended your chat group from various HiFi shops in Melbourne to start some discussions on value and potential purchase interest levels.

Thanks

Sonia

IMG_9245.jpg

IMG_9246.jpg

IMG_9247.jpg

IMG_9249.jpg

IMG_9250.jpg

IMG_9254.jpg

In the past week the bookshelf version with stands (stands are expensive) sold. Advertised $3.5K. Not sure they sold for. They are not efficient so need powerful amp(s) to drive them. Plus factor in the cost of jumper leads if using single amp i.e. not bi or as designed tri amped.

I think you could advertise for $5k so sell fairly quickly or $7k if willing to wait and if don't sell drop the price.

Agree would have loved these as a wedding present!

Hope that helps seller or buyer.

Hunter

Very nice loudspeakers - I owned KEF 105s in the early 80s and a couple of LS50 pairs more recently and like the KEF sound. Based on the HiFiShark used prices (around 2500 Euro) I agree that these should fetch at least $5000 given excellent condition. While well-reviewed by Stereophile etc, hard to get $7000+ in today's market. KEF has continued to moved on since these were released. Good luck with your sale.