Item Condition: Near new – excellent condition 9/11/2020
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Teneriffe
State: QLD
Payment Method: Paypal Cash
Reason for selling: NLR

The newly designed USB Audio Class 2.0 asynchronous digital interface X-SPDIF 2, inherited the excellent quality from its last generation. You can connect the digital audio stream receive devices through the newly added IIS port, to avoid the loss caused by digital signal protocol conversion. X-SPDIF 2 built-in high-quality femtosecond clock and FPGA processing unit, it can playback up to 32bit/768kHz PCM audio stream and 1bit/22.4MHz DSD audio stream.

The new generation XMOS U208 is an 8 core digital signal processing unit, it has powerful multi-core and multi-threaded processing capabilities, and it is the industry's most advanced USB Class 2.0 digital audio solution by far.

The strong XILINX SPARTAN FPGA assist XMOS manage and assign the clock, processing DoP transcoding and JITTER reduction for IIS port.

X-SPDIF 2 uses 2 Accusilicon high-quality femtosecond clocks as reference clock source, which work at the state of 44.1kHz, 48kHz and their multiple sample rate. The FPGA automatically control the frequency assignment and switching, and the femtosecond clock has independent ultra-low noise LDO power supply.

The power supply units of X-SPDIF 2 are constructed by multi-level, multi-group LDOs and solid capacitors, they can filter out the superimposed noise from power supply effectively. All the circuit powered by low noise or ultra-low noise LDO, which avoided the hi-frequency switch noise caused by DC/DC circuit. You also can obtain high quality power from USB bus.

X-SPDIF 2 support different standard of IIS, it can compatible for different devices by configuring the IIS definition switch. The DoP converting function transcode DoP audio stream to native DSD stream output from IIS port.

X-SPDIF 2 has a power supply interface, you can add an external linear power supply to it. It will disconnect the USB bus power automatically when you connect it to an external power, then the X-SPDIF 2 can work with mobile devices.

In order to get the best electromagnetic shielding performance, to minimize the impact of mechanical vibration, X-SPDIF 2 still followed the CNC aluminum chassis design. We are not afraid of the complicated design and process, to make sure your computer can output high quality digital audio stream.

Supported Sample Rate

Optical/Coaxial/AES:

PCM 16-24Bit /44.1kHz、48kHz、88.2kHz、96kHz、176.4kHz、192kHz

DSD64(DoP)

IIS:

PCM 16-32Bit /44.1kHz、48kHz、88.2kHz、96kHz、176.4kHz、192kHz、352.8kHz、384kHz、705.6kHz、768kHz

DSD64/128/256/(DoP) DSD64/128/256/512(Native)

System Support

Windows7/8/8.1/10 system needs to install the supplied driver.

Mac OS X10.6.4 or above without installing the driver.

Most Android devices can be used via OTG cable.

The iOS devices can be used via Lightning to USB Camera Kit.

Power

Power Supply Specs:

USB bus power supply: 5V/500mA

External power supply: DC 6~9V,≥800mA

Power supply port: outer diameter 5.5mm; inner diameter 2.1mm (+ for inner, - for outer)

NOTE:

Do not connect to the power supply with a voltage above 9V, or will cause damage.

It will auto disconnect USB bus supply after connected to the external power supply.

It needs to connect to the external power supply when using mobile phone or pad which USB port with low current output.

Others

Dimension:

133mm×142mm×38mm(L×W×H, including protruding parts)

Weight:

1.1KG

Accessory

USB Cable

USB Cable ×1

IMG_1141.jpeg

IMG_1142.jpeg

IMG_1143.jpeg

IMG_1144.jpeg

• Like 1

Ok.... what will this do for me... in my set up and I've so many set ups I've forgotten which. 

@BlueOceanBoy if you don't sell this, keep for a month and I'll get it off you, though I still don't know how I will use it but it looks usable. 🙂

3 minutes ago, deepthought said:

Why dat?

Same reason someone with the name BigTips or AmalSax would I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hard to tell unless you try and compare it. I have a Schiit Eitr but I'm still interested in this but maybe not so soon ...... 

• BlueOceanBoy changed the title to FS: MATRIX X-SPDIF 2 WITHDRAWN - thanks