How many PMs are exchanged on StereoNET per day (on average)?

It's probably me who sends the most. I have a DDOS setup that sends constantly to Eggmiester. He never replies and my message is always the same: "You'll crack"

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Kaynin said:

Closest guess so far ... on average over 2020, around 35,000 PMs exchanged each day.

Email notifications sent out per day - over 100,000!!!

• Like 14

• Administrator

Me either, and with a couple of thousand people online at once most evenings these days, it sort of justifies our ever-increasing server and bandwidth costs.

I blame @Luc and his constant post-whoring! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

So cruel?.

I'm not letting you buy me a beer at the Pullman this year ok, I'm just going to stick with the cool kids and you stay over in the corner with the nerdy guys dressed in black texting themselves.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Marc said:

Closest guess so far ... on average over 2020, around 35,000 PMs exchanged each day.

Email notifications sent out per day - over 100,000!!!

No wonder you are busy, that’s a hell of a lot of messages to read each day behind the scenes. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrator

Actually, I was one of the vocal site administrators in the forums community lobbying Invision to remove that feature nearly a decade ago. We eventually won. Sadly the “aftermarket” released paid hacks to circumvent this, but at least it’s not a default or easy to implement “feature” now.  Sorry to disappoint you. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Marc said:

Didn't you read the news? No Melb show this year :( Blame the FIA.

I did actually but I'm going to be down in Bleak City and will probably stay at the Pullman because I like the girl who makes the coffee there. She remembered my name and my coffee brew at the last show. 

I'll get  Alan to ring you and we'll  meet up. IPA for me please.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marc said:

Doubt that unless you've already booked. It's the main hotel for the F1GP (now).

Well it's the Sunbury Pullman then isn't it. Stop trying to get out of a shout. XIPA please.

2 minutes ago, Marc said:

Annabelle? She's lovely

The Filipino lady yes. Worth her weight in gold she's such a asset.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Luc said:

The Filipino lady yes. Worth her weight in gold she's such a asset.

Hopefully she still has a job. Like most function centres, they had to let most of the events and catering team go. Hopefully she returns as the venue opens back up again. They're hosting a heap of tennis players at the moment for some little game.

1 hour ago, Luc said:

I did actually but I'm going to be down in Bleak City and will probably stay at the Pullman because I like the girl who makes the coffee there. She remembered my name and my coffee brew at the last show. 

I'll get  Alan to ring you and we'll  meet up. IPA for me please.

Stay where you are, we don’t want your type in Gods’ country.

• Love 1

100,000 emails - this would have to be a function simply of subscription emails - i'm sure I get 50+ a day on some days. 

More interesting is the private messages - that does seem quite a lot, but without understand how big the 'active' user base is probably missing context.

Considering the storage capacity for private messages isn't that big and based on an average view rate of a classified ad of (say 200 per day per ad) - the 35,000 still seems like a large number. 

Perhaps a large percentage of the user based are retired have time to exchange messages all day ? , or perhaps classified adverts cause massive storms of 'pm sent'? Surely that would have to be an average messages-per-day-per-person of something like 5/day? If so, looks all the intellectual capital might be sitting in private messages rather than public forums at that rate :) 

• Like 1