FS: Vinyl Collection 182 Items

twak

Item Condition: Varied
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Thornbury
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash, EFT
Reason for selling: No vinyl rig

Further information:

View the collection on Discogs - https://www.discogs.com/user/t.wak/collection?header=1  

Since selling my vinyl setup these have remained on the shelf dreaming of one day being played again - but I don't see another turntable in my immediate future so I'd rather the space and let someone else spin them up.

Any released within the last 8 years were mostly bought new by myself and remain in great condition, some are never played and others maybe a maximum of 10 times. The older releases (70s-80s) are in rough shape and may not be in the best condition.

image.png.73314797d11276f0cb7d006e881035d2.png

Price is based on the Discogs median price - I will entertain offers for the complete collection but if this post expires I will consider splitting them (please PM with your 'dibs' and fair market price offer)

I will happily deliver these within Victoria if sold complete. Donation to Stereonet a given.

Any questions please ask :) 
Photos:

image.thumb.png.792c2f4a6e3acf7421be53385876a02b.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pegasus said:

You'd be far better off selling them individually.

In my experience, whole collections usually only sell for a few to five dollars each LP.

That's definitely the general consensus which I understand, but I'll test the waters before going that route.

On 14/01/2021 at 2:41 AM, Pegasus said:

You'd be far better off selling them individually.

In my experience, whole collections usually only sell for a few to five dollars each LP.

Exactly my thoughts.

The thought of trying to sell a collection of so few records for so much money is probably not likely to happen on SNA. For starters, people would in all likelihood be buying duplicates of what they already own.

What if a person only likes half of what's in your collection and doesn't like / want / know the rest?

GLWTS

9 hours ago, progladyte said:

Exactly my thoughts.

The thought of trying to sell a collection of so few records for so much money is probably not likely to happen on SNA. For starters, people would in all likelihood be buying duplicates of what they already own.

What if a person only likes half of what's in your collection and doesn't like / want / know the rest?

GLWTS

Then as mentioned they can PM their interest in individuals, and if no one buys the entire collection I'll be in touch. Just trying my luck at the moment to save the effort of packing and shipping individuals. :)

Everyone with a collection have a similar issue: sell individually, grouped or as a whole lot, but freight/postage do play a significant roll

@twak - I do not know Discogs that well, but what if you put them in the Marketplace?

If people wish to split - another idea may be to do a spreadsheet on Google sheets or alternative with prices where people can put in what they want. That may be easier to manage.

All the best.

• Like 2