Curious USB Cable

Gieseler Klein ll DAC

Aurealis Dragon R1 Ag/Cu Litz IC's

Marantz PM 8005 Int AMP

Aurealis Litz Ag/Cu Speaker Cable

SVS PB 2000 Subwoofer

Monitor audio silver 8 speakers

Mostly used to listen Tidal.

I like the way how my speakers sound, sometimes ,I listen as loud as 70% volume.

If , I want to improve the soundstage further is it best to upgrade the DAC or Integrated Amplifier.

As , I am thinking these two are weakest link in my set-up now. As I want take one upgrade at a time.

Thanks.

Edited by Drunken Monk

3 o’clock does seem odd.  are there any gain or output voltage settings on your DAC?  This could be a simple change that may also affect your soundstage because you don’t have to push your amp so hard.

If you like it LOUD then yes more amp but maybe also Speakers that go louder to begin with.  Only problem being speakers that go very loud & have good soundstage are often big $.

• Volunteer
On 13/01/2021 at 4:03 PM, Drunken Monk said:

If , I want to improve the soundstage further is it best to upgrade the DAC or Integrated Amplifier.

As , I am thinking these two are weakest link in my set-up now. As I want take one upgrade at a time.

I would recommend playing around with speaker positioning first if you want the largest impact on soundstage. You might get what you are after without spending anything

• Like 3

@sir sanders zingmore

@Mat-with-one-t

@Steam

@John0001

@awayward

@cafe67

Thanks everyone. Initially when I started my Journey ,I used chrome cast audio with basic Canare cables and IC's from Bill.

Slowely, I upgraded the setup the volume become very refined as I increase the volume it was musical and refined rather than noisy...initially I can not go beyond 12'o clock position of volume in amp..now same setup it sound very musical and refined even I can listen about 70% occasionally.

Also Tidal some soundtrack volume is low the volume is not normalised, I think across all the track 

Thinking of M6si MF amp. When upgrading or is there any other best for same money

Edited by Drunken Monk

4 hours ago, awayward said:
On 13/01/2021 at 1:03 PM, Drunken Monk said:

75% volume (3'o clock position). 

Seems very high for normal listening

For normal listening I use 50% volume , but I love crank up to 75% sometimes

• 3 weeks later...

I run at 25% volume most of the time.  When my wife has gone to bed I increase it to 32%. The system sounds fantastic at any volume but imaging really kicks in at that point. It sounds fantastic louder too but I prefer this lower volume for extended listening.

Once the Aleph-M replaces the Amp Camp Amp I'll have doubled the wattage of my amplification so it will be somewhat lower at that time.

Edited by MattyW
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MattyW said:

I run at 25% volume most of the time.  When my wife has gone to bed I increase it to 32%.

I do this as well after the misses has turned in for the night but vary it beyond the 32% depending on how my day has gone with her. ? 

7 hours ago, xlr8or said:

I do this as well after the misses has turned in for the night but vary it beyond the 32% depending on how my day has gone with her. ? 

She can't hear it or anything. Open baffles give incredible clarity but the sound doesn't seem to travel as far as traditional speakers.

Means if she were in the Roon with me I'd get in trouble for it being too loud. From the bedroom though it's inaudible.

On 14/01/2021 at 11:57 PM, Drunken Monk said:

For normal listening I use 50% volume , but I love crank up to 75% sometimes

Still think you maybe need more efficient speakers that can go louder but.....

the recommended amp power is 80 to 200W.  So the marantz is on the low side of that at 80W into 8ohms and only 100 into 4.    So yeah maybe worth trying an amp with more grunt.    Before spending cash I would go back to a monitor audio dealer and try different amps there.  Or even drag your marantz there to compare.  Or borrow an amp from them or another stereonet user.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Drunken Monk.  Hi SB, hope  you are well mate.

Amplifier, definitely.

The Marantz is really not ideally suited to the MA speakers.

You are on the right track considering the MF. Anything including and above the M5si would work wonders.

Edited by rantan
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, rantan said:

The Marantz is really not ideally suited to the MA speakers

Thanks Lindsay, much appreciated. I am doing good thanks for asking..hope you are doing well.

2 weeks earlier visited Frank Prowse HI FI and listened to Luxman class A int amp . Mark was great guy helped me and gave some suggestions on  stereo set-up and to listen Wilson , Wharf speakers.

Yes amp and some room treatment are on the to do next list.

Edited by Drunken Monk
  • Like 1

• Volunteer
On 14/01/2021 at 9:49 PM, sir sanders zingmore said:

I would recommend playing around with speaker positioning first if you want the largest impact on soundstage. You might get what you are after without spending anything

have you tried this yet?

Or has the problem morphed into a discussion about what position the volume knob should be at?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

have you tried this yet?

Or has the problem morphed into a discussion about what position the volume knob should be at?

Thank you sir, I tried placement of speakers, but Now the real.issue is my room as it does not have room proper placement. I need a bit bigger room as the dimension is too small for my setup.

• Volunteer
1 minute ago, Drunken Monk said:

Thank you sir, I tried placement of speakers, but Now the real.issue is my room as it does not have room proper placement. I need a bit bigger room as the dimension is too small for my setup.

I might have missed it but what are your room dimensions?

And if the room is the problem, why are you looking to fix it by changing your amp??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

2 weeks earlier visited Frank Prowse HI FI and listened to Luxman class A into amp . Mark was great guy helped me and gave some suggestions on  stereo set-up and to listen Wilson , Wharf speakers.

I am sure the Wilson speakers are divine but regrettably are way beyond my pay grade.  What I can say without any hesitation is that the Luxman class A amplifier works superbly with the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 and my Silver 500 and I could not be happier, with no changes planned unless I win Powerball:lol:

1 minute ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

I might have missed it but what are your room dimensions?

And if the room is the problem, why are you looking to fix it by changing your amp??

Yes, it's a room size issue , I had chat with Mark @Hydrology. It's more like 3m * 4m room the speaker is on 3m side. 

Also I have a klipsch floorstanders and center channel on the 4 m side with television. The space is bit cramped.

17 minutes ago, rantan said:

Luxman class A amplifier works superbly with the Wharfadale  floor standers

I really felt the Luxman class A magic in a properly treated room. The Elysian floor standers are also amazing with Lumin streamer and Nordost cables.

Wilson is in another level.

Thanks for pointing to the right Hi Fi shop @rantan

Edited by Drunken Monk
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I really felt the Luxman class A magic in a properly treated room. The Elysian floor standers are also amazing with Lumin streamer and Nordost cables.

Wilson is in another level.

Srini. Just one thing mate with my recent quote.

Something has gone wrong because I posted that the Luxman was great with the EVO 4.2. I have never heard the Elysian unfortunately.

Edited by rantan