Wired remote volume control question.

Hoping someone can help me here. I have an ME 25 preamp that has a wired remote control input on the rear panel. I have never used this option before and am wondering how it works and what hardware do I need to use it. Because of amp placement the remote control sensor is partially obscured rendering it mostly ineffective. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Terry, The remote (Yellow) terminal on your ME25 is not a remote volume control. This terminal provides a 15V to 18V signal when the ME25 is switched on.

This signal is used to turn on a matching ME power Amplifier or compatible power amplifier.

Ron.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PonyTail said:

Hi Terry, The remote (Yellow) terminal on your ME25 is not a remote volume control. This terminal provides a 15V to 18V signal when the ME25 is switched on.

This signal is used to turn on a matching ME power Amplifier or compatible power amplifier.

Ron.

Thanks Ron. That's cleared that up then. I was on the wrong path all along.

My ME15 remote receptor is at  such a shallow angle that it didn't work unless I got up and moved closer to the centre of the room or closer to the pre-amp. I rigged up a little reflector out of a small section of a beer can, polished, and then fastened to the cabinet with double-sided tape. I point the remote at the reflector and it works fine.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Hi @PonyTail, you may be able to shed some light on an issue I have. I am trying to use the remote power control on my ME 25 to  trigger my sub. The sub requires 12v so maybe the 15-18v will be too much? 

Regardless it doesn’t boot up. I have put a multimeter set at 20 VDC between the remote power control terminal and ground post on the ME and get nothing. Is that right? Any sleuthing I can do? Thanks for any response, regards, Andrew