Item Condition: used
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: sydney
State: NSW
Payment Method: cash
Reason for selling: not getting used/too big

Further information:

I have had these speakers for about 5 years and were well suited to my old place which was spacious, sadly I needed to move 3 years ago and these were and still are too big for my current place.  I looked at these as my trophy speakers and couldn’t bare to part with them, so it’s taken me a while (yes 3 years) to come to the realisation that I can move them on and my world will not come crashing down on me (the panic attacks have subsided for now).

How often do factory T3’s pop up anywhere in Australia? which were re-foamed about 3 and a bit years ago($300).

Boxes have a couple of dings and a few plugs missing on the grill frames but it’s pretty much plug and play, oh and they still have the plastic raisers on the bottom that cut up your hand when carrying them.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

47D18C1C-98AB-4EE4-B86F-EA3E4135ECC9.jpeg

F53D432C-F9E7-4843-AC37-D0649A277112.jpeg

A0CD761A-AA9D-449B-BC4B-1E8F1535A6FD.jpeg

6C2CAA46-E4B3-4617-82F0-07A07359A3BD.jpeg

C99AFA00-B869-43C8-9241-EB9189D59131.jpeg

5A7B1D60-0EF1-438C-A0BB-7EB0009461A7.jpeg

0C2656BF-F7A3-4C77-A2FE-161B19886923.jpeg

66B6A2F6-CDB6-4EDE-A39E-43B36D623D58.jpeg

0487CC82-DDD1-4726-AF6D-B56D1CA09A4B.jpeg

C2C35B7B-0BF5-4047-802B-76E257ABE8A7.jpeg

27BAC6C5-58D8-473E-B601-FB2914BA13D5.jpeg

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Willmax said:

Wish these were in SA.

Wish these were in VIC. ?

GLwtS - they look like beauties. 

• Like 1

Pm is best.

Edited by rantan

Thanks for that, i had intended to, but realised afterwards that my reply was not in the PM. section.    Craig.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Phil IP
      Item Condition: Original Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Hawthorn East State: VIC Payment Method: Cash, EFT, Paypal Reason for selling: Want to try horns I'm selling a pair of classic JBL 4312C Control Monitors in original condition.

This is

This is the version with the Pure Titanium Tweeter (hard to photograph through the grille):

All drivers in great condition.
      Some minor marks on the boxes:

One speaker the MDF frame of the cloth speaker protector is cracked:

Doesn't affect looks or function at all.

'Made in USA' stamp on top.

Some specs:

***Mods: I recently sold a fine 18" sub (silly me) and I tried to make a donation but the bank details were rejected. I did send a note about that but haven't heard back. Just sayin'. ***

hfe_jbl_4312c_technical_en.pdf
    • By Phil IP
      Item Condition: Works perfectly Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Hawthorn East State: VIC Payment Method: Cash, PayPal, EFT Reason for selling: Too big Further information:

The mother of all subwoofers. 

Watch a movie then read about the tremors picked up seismologists around the world.

Selling because every time my wife walks past it she lets me know that it is very big. I’ve made a bigger one that doesn’t look like a subwoofer so I got off the hook that way. Still took me a while to let this one go. The DIY is maybe not as window-rattlingly good, but life is compromise. 

Spec sheet attached. 

Condition is excellent. Function 100%. It’s got some minor scuffing that is not visible unless you’re up close. By which time you’re deaf. 

This little puppy is big (see comparison pic vs blue ray movie). Won’t fit into a sedan. It’s also heavy. I can assist with the lift but best bring some burley fellas you trust not to drop it. 

I have ground floor ramped access.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

S1S-EX-Spec-sheet.pdf
    • By christianb
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Perth State: WA Payment Method: Reason for selling: To big for my room   Further information:

I bought the speakers just before the beginning of the plague last year from Old Bloke and shipped them to WA . 
      The were custom made for JB ( John Barbuto) in the late 70ies. The cabinets are walnut veneered and up to 60 mm thick which contributes to their immense weight of approximately 150 kg each. The built quality is way beyond any usual commercial product.
      the drivers are:
      2215 15” woofers
      2420 compression drivers
      2309 horns with 2327 adapter and 2310 lens and
      2405 slot tweeters.
      all drivers are alnico. 
      Dimensions are 58 cm deep, 73 cm wide and 118 cm high.
      Despite the physical appearance they play very civilised with loads of details and impressive room even in my way too small room with 20 quality valve watts. Especially at low volumes you will get a very satisfying complete sound. You can also crank them off course until the doctor comes but there is a limit for my room , it just gets a bit overload with bass at higher levels. 
      this and the size are the reasons why I’m looking for something else.
      They work well with valves but should also with good SS amps. The previous owner used Metaxas amplification. 
      Old Bloke gave them a nice Schellack treatment before they came to me so they are looking good if you like the look of big proper speakers. I kept the protective grill over the woofers for the occasional dancing kid in my music room but they would certainly look better without.
      I thought of getting an autoformer network for them from Werner Jagusch which should bring them even further but I decided for a smaller solution. 
      I cannot see any other speaker for that price with this sort of build and sound quality and you are welcome to come and listen. I don’t know whether they work with low powered amps although sensitivity is high but you can bring your amp to try.
      Reasonable offers are invited and trade in is possible. 

Photos: 

• By :) Go Away (:
      Not sure if this is the right place for this topic.

Hey guys,

I have recently got a fixation on big woofers and Compression driver (high sensitivity speakers) for my stereo need. These JBLs are half of what I wanted (just no CD Tweeter but still with waveguide, not sure of their sensitivity) but I had always wanted to try them out, and I am glad I did. These are really amazing speakers and can't believe how low and deep these speakers can go and with neutral tone. They just sound sublime.

Anyway, I love these speakers, only gripe is that these are active speakers. I like and much prefer passive speakers as it allows me to try different amps, preamps and various room EQ (Room EQ is big for me). My current amp is not that great but it does come with amazing room EQ and sub out, it just integrates my speakers with sub so much better. Unfortunately, it does not have any preouts for speakers to use it with active speakers. 

What I am thinking is, may be I can make these active speakers into passive speakers by removing the back plate amp and adding a new passive crossover. This way I can have these amazing speakers with good room EQ and sub integration. All though, there is no need for adding a sub with these speakers as they go quite low as is but room EQ is something I want.

So, these leads me to asking, is there anyone who can help me build couple of crossovers for these speakers? Is it a right approach? 

What I have been able to find so far is that the cross over is specified as "1800Hz 4th order acoustic Linkwitz-Riley". 
    • By christianb
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Perth State: WA Payment Method: Reason for selling: Space  

Further information:
      I bought the speakers just before the beginning of the plague last year from Old Bloke and shipped them to WA . 
      custom made for JB ( John Barbuto) in the late 70ies. The cabinets are walnut veneered and up to 60 mm thick which contributes to their immense weight of approximately 150 kg each. The built quality is way beyond any usual commercial product.
      the drivers are:
      2215 15” woofers
      2420 compression drivers
      2309 horns with 2327 adapter and 2310 lens and
      2405 slot tweeters.
      all drivers are alnico. 
      Dimensions are 58 cm deep, 73 cm wide and 118 cm high.
      Despite the physical appearance they play very civilised with loads of details and impressive room even in my way too small room with 20 quality valve watts. Especially at low volumes you will get a very satisfying complete sound. You can also crank them off course until the doctor comes but there is a limit for my room , it just gets a bit overload with bass at higher levels. 
      this and the size are the reasons why I’m looking for something else.
      They work well with valves but should also with good SS amps. The previous owner used Metaxas amplification. 
      Old Bloke gave them a nice Schellack treatment before they came to me so they are looking good if you like the look of big proper speakers. I kept the protective grill over the woofers for the occasional dancing kid in my music room but they would certainly look better without.
      I thought of getting an autoformer network for them from Werner Jagusch which should bring them even further but I decided for a smaller solution. 

Photos: