“White Van” hifi company names. Who can come up with the best?

5 hours ago, ScottyPeace said:

If theyre crap with a great name 

Funny you should mention the C word, they released newly designed drivers using C.R.A.P technology, “Celestial Response Acoustic Piston”

4 hours ago, Mat-with-one-t said:

And really good bottom end

Well the previous models had average reviews, complaints of the bottom end being watery gave management the sh*ts so that forced a redesign when they dropped to No.2 in the market....from what I read.

22 hours ago, Marc said:

Brown Note Acoustics

But rest assured, B.N.A are back with a vengeance, like an angry brown snake!

Edited by 5L15
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cloth Ears said:

A few German companies:

SchadenFreude Akustik

Zugzwang Lautsprecher

Fremdschämen Hi-Fi

Backpfeifengesicht Unterhaltungselektronik

5 minutes ago, Mat-with-one-t said:

Had to read those quickly a few times.....!

in English:

the pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune Acoustics

you must move to your disadvantage Loudspeakers

feeling ashamed about something someone else has done Hi-Fi

face that should be slapped Consumer Electronics

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cloth Ears said:

in English:

the pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune Acoustics

you must move to your disadvantage Loudspeakers

feeling ashamed about something someone else has done Hi-Fi

face that should be slapped Consumer Electronics

Sold from VW van rather than Toyota Hiace?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steffen said:

Haha, Weltschmerz is not apathy, and Zeitgeist is not a moral philosophy :D 

Maybe not, but there are no real English equivalent. But "a feeling of deep sadness at the inadequacies of the world" is a bit long-winded, so I'll stick with apathy as a general translation for my understanding.

And I didn't say  'A' moral philosophy, but I guess 'the vibe' (as used in "the Castle") might have been a better choice.

I have a confession !

I sold white van speakers for a day.

I responded to a  “part-time” sales role  when I was at uni a long time ago and subsequently passed the phone interview and was asked to come to a factory in braeside for my first day. I was greeted by a man with a heavy Nordic accent and was told that I would ride shotgun with a decorated salesperson who was sporting a mullet. So we loaded a van and I jumped in the front seat oblivious to what lay ahead.....

First set of traffic lights the window went down and my guide swung into action. My jaw dropped and I wanted to jump out of the van thinking this is not what I signed up for. Are we selling stolen goods ? Is this legit ? What the f#*k are we doing ?

By lunchtime my window started going down aswell  and it was game on. The perception was that we were selling stolen goods and people were attracted to this, however this was not the case. Meandering through the suburbs of Melbourne we found ourselves in the blue ribbon seat of STH YARRA and alas - a buyer !  We were invited back to his flash apartment - took his $300 and unloaded a pair of heavy floorstanders that were marked “Made in Denmark.”

I was only 19.

I still drive past that place and I get to reminisce about those speakers we sold to that man. But one thing is for sure- if someone pulled up next to me at the lights and offered me a pair of speakers I probably wouldn’t be able to resist ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

" Trump Tower Unlimited Liability "

Got the full treatment whilst stopped at very busy traffic lights along Alison Rd and Anzac Prd  (Sydney) some years ago...... the driver shouted the "incredible " offer as his mate slid open the side door of the van to display the illustrious "bargain"  ....... I just thanked him for making my day as one urban myth came true right before my eyes.  Wonderful memory !

• Haha 1