Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Templestowe
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: No longer used

Hi, I'm looking to find a new home for a pair of home built "Statements" tower speakers. These were built some years ago and used infrequently in my home theatre/listening room. They are built to a very high standard (IMO), but I moved them into my listening room for testing and they never left, so I never got around to painting the cabinets or veneering them which was my plan. So if someone wants to do a bit of finishing work on the cabinets, they would be a bargain for the cost and work that went into them. Note that the grey around the drivers on the front is primer to seal the MDF when the rebates for the drivers were done.

The Statements speakers are a design by Jim Holtz, and there is lots of info online about them and pics of finished speakers, build threads etc. They are big powerful speakers that sound amazing for home theatre use, and don't require a separate subwoofer. They also sound really good for music. They have a bottom bass port, and come with spikes which screw into inserts in the bases, but are not fitted in the pics.

Pickup only as they are very heavy (I haven't weighed them, but I'd estimate 70kg each). I can hook them up to show the prospective purchaser that they are working well. Please let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, spamnoj said:

ridiculous value, if I had the room I'd be all over it. That being said, still sorely tempted.

+1 so tempting, but no space! 70KG each too!

Yes, amazing value and I bet they sound HUGE! Properly veneered and finished they would look spectacular as well. GLWTS

• Like 1
2 hours ago, speedgod66 said:

Chris should deliver these to Bathurst and i will give him an extra $1000 serious!

It's tempting, but they won't let me back over the border...

• Like 1

look great, but my missus would go crazy, and you'd only see them re-listed by a chastised poor audioholic