I am a complete computer idiot, I didn’t even own one till eleven years ago when I met my wife. Took me another bunch of years to work out how to surf the web, eventually I discovered SNA.  

A little later I attended my first GTG here in Adelaide, met some folk and we started doing the rounds of each other’s houses. In the old days meeting fellow enthusiasts was via chance meetings at hifi shops or shows.

Fast forward to today and the Adelaide ‘mob’ are in constant contact, endlessly enjoying each other’s equipment. The real value however is in the friendships we have formed. Half the time we have a bit of a listen but the reality is the joy comes from hanging out, drinking wine and talking. I hold a number of these people as extremely close friends now, we are involved in each other’s lives.

Today, @christosd set up a complete streaming system for me, using old equipment he no longer uses. It took him many hours getting everything ‘talking’ to each other. If you gave me eternity and a day I would never get it going. He GAVE me his old stuff. He GAVE me his time and expertise, asking nothing in return. 

Presently residing at my place are @Tony M ‘s Gale 401C’s which he let me borrow to try at home and some stands to put them on.  Sitting between the pre and power amp are @amdan‘s  balanced cables, another borrowed item.  Along with the driving force of  @mattjtaylor2809 and @Grizzly we run Classic Album Sunday’s in town . @elcamry is at every GTG and ready to help with anything he can.  We have lots of other ‘members’ in our hills collective, all simply wonderful people.

This extended group of friends have improved my life.  The shared interest in hifi is only a small part of the value of this group.

Thank you gentlemen, it humbles me to be honoured with your friendship.

2561B91E-2AE0-498A-9EF6-CEEB09C0D3F4.jpeg

1063D666-8D05-449E-B89B-FA039AA2B948.jpeg

554EF027-E2D7-412D-8FE7-2A533F267E0D.jpeg

BDC3A769-A9F8-44B3-81EF-E0448658A6BB.jpeg

C1861CDE-C504-47BA-A44D-C182B87652E6.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Love 2

True value of SNA for sure.  👍    Adelaide seem to have some of amazing members there.  ☺️

• Like 4

Indeed, without this quite remarkable resource I would be have far fewer true friends these days. Friends who genuinely get excited about the same types of things I do! 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

The friendships made through an interest in audio enrich my life more than any speaker or amplifier could ever do.  

• Like 11

That's it, I'm moving to Adelaide - I love you guys! 

298g.gif.a913ebdd01aecbd3a5f9374a2cd18dbf.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

Yeah, I reckon you'd fit in just fine here, Clive.

Not sure if you should take that as a compliment, though.9_9

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Tony M said:

Yeah, I reckon you'd fit in just fine here, Clive.

Not sure if you should take that as a compliment, though.9_9

I'm sure I would,  lot's of gear to borrow!,🤔

Seriously, I've said it before - your GTG network and camaraderie is 2nd to none over there.

Really enjoyed catching up with many of you back in another distant time, (February), at @Oooghs impromptu GTG he held - when I told him heading to Adelaide.

Can't get better than that!,😊

Edit: It would be remiss of me not to mention the many wonderful people I've met in this game over the last 10 years on SNA!

Many of course here in Melbourne,  where many have loaned me gear or given valuable opinions on direction- plus offered friendship in these trying times!

Edited by evil c
  • Like 3