SOLD: FS: Floorstanding Seas Speakers (Custom)

Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: S/E Melbourne
State: VIC
Payment Method: EFT, Cash
Reason for selling: NLR - Upgraded

For sale a set of custom speakers I bought from evil c but made by audio guru Doug Tipping for his own personal use. Doug is a long member of Melbourne HiFi Audio club. He was my school teacher back when he was teaching at Boxhill Tafe. Doug has extensive experience in crossover / speaker design and he has utilise one of the best 8"woofers available in the Seas Aluminium.

Midrange is Alpair Gold Alumium drivers and Aura titanium Tweeters.

They employ passive radiator drivers below the woofers, and drive down very low to around 25hz, amazing bass punch and silky mids and highs.

Efficiency around 89db so will soak up the power and 100w min recommended. These rival speakers up to $6k. I have spoken with Doug regarding these speakers to find more about the crossover design. I have upgraded the crossover which has involved fitting better quality capacitors and resistors but more importantly making the crossover on one board. The improvement is in the imaging and top end detail. The stands come with the speakers. Cabinets are in reasonable nick, several layers of bituminized MDF were used so rock solid with zero resonance. You will be amazed at how they sound.

Pickup only.

IMG_20200912_110412.thumb.jpg.29e4179f317a6123a5400e998b83679b.jpg

IMG_20200704_130315.thumb.jpg.4f8c777a05e0c5fd0442f4db2f2c72cb.jpg

Edited by Sansui77
  • Like 8
  • Sansui77 changed the title to FS: Floorstanding Seas Speakers (Custom)

These are still available.

Edited by Sansui77