Sony TV Owners & Discussion Thread

The cord is detachable from the power brick for 7500e, 8500e and 9000e but not detachable from the back of the TV. 2018 series are without power brick. Not sure about Z9D.

No power brick for Z9D, power cord is straight into the back of the TV

Can I ask:

Has everyone done their DV update circa April 2018, and have no blinking issues?

When seated, I am about 100 to 110cm off the ground and I want the centre of the set to be just under my line of vision. How far off the floor will the bottom edge be, and what should I tell the mounting team? Will they know how to do the estimate?

I also have an existing mount for a 64" plasma, hefty piece of gear... can I use that existing mount?

Thanks! 

FYI, there's some promotion for the Sony now, so the sales guys can help get a better price.

You can squeeze for more glasses, discount on the warranty etc..

I think the chaps at the HN flagship store are hungry for a deal, Courts and BD couldn't not match the price. Some bros who sent me a pm definitely had better deals than I.

So look for Nicholas and co... (8123 9416)

Thinking of getting the 65" Z9D to replace me 7 yrs-old Pana plasma.

Had wanted to get the LG C7 initially but read good reviews on the Z9D too.

Any idea what is the best price for this runout model?

IIRC it was still rather high a couple of months back compared to the C7.

The C7 65" will be almost 80% cheaper than the 65" ZD9. The value point is at the 75". A C7 is now selling for under 4.5k if you can find it.

Can I ask:

Has everyone done their DV update circa April 2018, and have no blinking issues?

When seated, I am about 100 to 110cm off the ground and I want the centre of the set to be just under my line of vision. How far off the floor will the bottom edge be, and what should I tell the mounting team? Will they know how to do the estimate?

I also have an existing mount for a 64" plasma, hefty piece of gear... can I use that existing mount?

Thanks! 

I've done the DV update, so far no blinking issue.

Can't comment on the mounting question except to keep in mind that the viewing angle for this TV is rather narrow (it's one of its weakness) so be sure to have it mounted as central to your viewing position as possible both in X and Y axis

As for the mount strength, it's best to check the weight. The Z9D models in general are not light TVs for the size, I think because they have more than the usual array of blacklighting.

FYI, there's some promotion for the Sony now, so the sales guys can help get a better price.

You can squeeze for more glasses, discount on the warranty etc..

I think the chaps at the HN flagship store are hungry for a deal, Courts and BD couldn't not match the price. Some bros who sent me a pm definitely had better deals than I.

So look for Nicholas and co... (8123 9416)

Can look for Aloysius too.

A comment from someone who pm me:

"I went down to check out the 75" Z9D yesterday and while the bright is really bright, the motion juddering is a HUGE concern. Playing The Fellowship of the Ring bluray starting scene at Mount Doom, the juddering motion of the humans carrying the swords upright walking to the battlefront is a disaster. I cannot live with that coming from a plasma TV user... The Sony A1 renders this slightly better but also everything falls apart during the same Sauron battle scene."

I've done the DV update, so far no blinking issue.

Can't comment on the mounting question except to keep in mind that the viewing angle for this TV is rather narrow (it's one of its weakness) so be sure to have it mounted as central to your viewing position as possible both in X and Y axis

As for the mount strength, it's best to check the weight. The Z9D models in general are not light TVs for the size, I think because they have more than the usual array of blacklighting.

Thanks bro, my old plasma was pretty heavy.. and I stressed my wall to hold a 100kg TV. The old Panasonic VT 30 I had was around 65kg :)

The main issue is whether I need to drill new holes..

The TV on display at shops usually had the motion "improvement" setting set to max. For slow moving action it looks fabulous. For fast action, can see the side effects.

Sony TV usually handles motion the best. If Sony TV CMI, then the rest usually worse.

A comment from someone who pm me:

"I went down to check out the 75" Z9D yesterday and while the bright is really bright, the motion juddering is a HUGE concern. Playing The Fellowship of the Ring bluray starting scene at Mount Doom, the juddering motion of the humans carrying the swords upright walking to the battlefront is a disaster. I cannot live with that coming from a plasma TV user... The Sony A1 renders this slightly better but also everything falls apart during the same Sauron battle scene."

Happened to bioth z9D and A1? Sounds like the bluray player issue to me. Otherwise could be the firmware which some retail shops never did any updates since putting up the tv on display. I tested the 9400E display set at HN previously and it juddered like hell with all kind of media signal fed in by the sales. I took the risk and bought it and luckily no such issue on my set. I guess to be sure its not the tv issue, do more tests at other retailers carrying the same tv.

I am having some trouble with the ARC..

The TV and my Denon recognise each other (HDMI 3 / ARC), turns on, switches inputs, volume etc but there is no sound?

Any ideas?

Thanks bros

Try restart the tv (app) and see how. I am using yammy sound bar and avr for my tvs connected to ARC. All control function works under ARC. You can try also try to resync the arc connection again.

31024596_10160305304140427_5108307006918443839_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeGDeEvxm3XJsnf-0dq5SBVexh_p8cCKCYCqnWKM8xcOtSE1cJpHyNfVJ52ySeKw0_A_uFehqYo5pr3R37W48WiFA239e9yY8UjznkBmdkAvqg&oh=43bd6ece1f1bae71fa38d0f269ef1abc&oe=5B5206A1

My my, the colors are rather impressive, even if I just use the copied settings..

You do get some of the usual LCD/LED issues but the uniformity is as good as it goes for this technology..

The pop factor is something else..

Will try the 3D glasses soon..

I don't see an option for 2D-3D conversion, unlike my old plasma, nor does it have an option to make 3D into 2D?