That is a lot of new models.    WOW 

I just picked up a Sony KD-55X9500H for the bedroom at a price too good to refuse, so that will keep me happy for another 5 plus years.

• Like 1
On 08/01/2021 at 3:37 PM, Lil Caesar said:

hmm 83 inch OLED - I wonder who is producing this panel ?

LG display like all oleds ; good stuff they have improved the peak brightness for HDR compared to LED  .Cant wait to see how much the 100" one is :)

Next-gen OLED 4K TVs will solve the brightness problem and come in bigger sizes | T3

Expected price for the 65" Master series is around AUS $7-8k going by expected UK price

Edited by Tweaky
  • 1 month later...

I've watched a couple of early tests posted on YouTube of the new Sony A90J [I'm waiting for what will probably be the definitive / best test by HDTVTEST when he gets his hands on one]

This is the best review I've found so far, in which they reckon the Sony is the best OLED made so far.......that's until you get to the end of the video and they talk about the special Hollywood Select Panasonic HZ2000U, which will be on sale for the first time to consumers that they say is even better, but since Panasonic TV's are no longer available in Australia 🥵 it's of little relevance.

One thing that isn't mentioned in the video above, but I saw in another unboxing video, is that the A90J has a highly reflective screen, one where your reflection is readily seen on the TV unless you are sitting in a darkened room.

My current Panasonic suffers from this reflection issue, and it can be a real PITA at times, you learn to work out how to minimize it with the correct room lighting, but even then you'll always get some reflection on the screen even in a darkened room, just from the light hitting you from the TV itself.

I'm guessing that's why they are saying the TV has more detail, as by having a non reflective screen means that there is some light scattering coating applied to stop the reflection issues.

Guess it's a situation where you can't have both.

This might be a deal breaker for some, I know it's got me thinking twice about getting a A90J.

Edited by Tweaky
  • Like 1

Hope the android with the new series onboard is not 9. Have the 55" 9500H panel. Has issues with video freeze once and a while with internal apps and sometimes with Sony X700 4k player as well.

Always enjoyed Sony over the years, but I think this will be my last panel and player from Sony, until they fix their issues.

Could be cache issues or some internal process causes a slight freeze (combined sony processor and Android issue)?

On 08/01/2021 at 3:10 PM, metal beat said:

That is a lot of new models.    WOW 

I just picked up a Sony KD-55X9500H for the bedroom at a price too good to refuse, so that will keep me happy for another 5 plus years.

Hope you don't have any video freeze issues mainly with the internal apps!!!!!

4 hours ago, ronlife said:

Hope you don't have any video freeze issues mainly with the internal apps!!!!!

Nup. Mine has been perfect. The apps are a lot faster than my older 75inch Sony FALD .

No complaints. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...