FS: Nelson Pass F5 - 25w Class A - Decky Clone

Item Condition: Good
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Vaucluse
State: NSW
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup etc
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information: I used this for my tweeters on my old horn system, which I have sold. I was keeping it around for another project, but will not be progressing. This is a total bargain, which I hope someone will enjoy! Lettering on front of case can be removed...with some patience. 

Photos: attached

post-105019-0-13837000-1409451210_thumb.jpg

post-105019-0-31840900-1409451116_thumb.jpg

Edited by juzmister
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, juzmister said:

I am happy to ship interstate through packnsend in Bondi Junction. I do not have packaging materials & am not comfortable sending the amp myself.

A local pickup would be preferred! 

Talk to me before (if) you ship the amp. Some basic precautions are required to secure the transformer properly. 

3 hours ago, Grizaudio said:

inside pics? 

is this the one?

Yes it is (and not). They are different physical amps but built as twins. All identical components and hardware. The bottom of the case has a bonded 3mm AL plate to add stiffness and increase case damping.  A small difference is in the GND lift switch wiring - one has 2 and the other one 3 positions (NC - not connected was an add-on to the other one). 

• Like 2

Mmm, wish there were someone built these in long half width form factors. I'd love to get one in my system but I've no room for big boxes.

Anyway,  I've an Aleph Mini coming which will hopefully  do the trick in my system. An F5 would without doubt be better though. Moving away from toobs  :)

Edited by MattyW

47 minutes ago, MattyW said:

Mmm, wish there were someone built these in long half width form factors. I'd love to get one in my system but I've no room for big boxes.

Anyway,  I've an Aleph Mini coming which will hopefully  do the trick in my system. An F5 would without doubt be better though. Moving away from toobs  :)

You do realise that this is a class A amp and that nominal temperature of that large box is almost 60deg C? 

3 hours ago, MattyW said:

I'd have thought long full length heat sinks each side and a mesh top + bottom would take care of that nicely?  That said I just don't know.  Never built an amp before. 

As a monoblock maybe - but you have to find that box first.  Another way would be a 3 box setup - PSU plus two smaller boxes for amps. 

52 minutes ago, Decky said:

As a monoblock maybe - but you have to find that box first.  Another way would be a 3 box setup - PSU plus two smaller boxes for amps. 

Hmmm, I like this concept. I could run super short speaker leads and long umbilicals.  ;)

• Like 1