FS: TAD Reference One (R1) MKII - Rare Piano Black Finish

8 minutes ago, Yamaha_man said:

It’s like comparing a Ford falcon SR to an FPV GT-F.

Dont waste your time or breath.

I use Yamaha NS-10's to mix on (cost A$500) and love them. Choice of a 15 year old 3 Series or a new V12 Lambo for the school run - 3 series wins every day. My daily driver iem's - AirPods. Horses for courses... I do really love Japanese speakers though. My first were Sony APM121-ES - I still have them and they are the first to get set-up in a new house. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Googaliser said:

I use Yamaha NS-10's to mix on (cost A$500) and love them. Choice of a 15 year old 3 Series or a new V12 Lambo for the school run - 3 series wins every day. My daily driver iem's - AirPods. Horses for courses... I do really love Japanese speakers though. My first were Sony APM121-ES - I still have them and they are the first to get set-up in a new house. 

And I still have my original. Yamaha NS-1000 speakers, I don’t however dare to compare them to the TAD’s.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Galactic Soap said:

WOW, incredible. Like many others I was wondering where they got to. My CR-1's manage to pressurize my large open plan lounge. I can't imagine what these would do. #EndGame

Come on mate, you know you want them... you've already got the perfect matching rears in the CR-1's :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Yamaha_man said:

Hmmm, I thought I had the perfect rears...........

None of yours... mine is more perfect.... 

???73E82BA7-D9D7-42F8-A389-F7F4EA5CA872.thumb.jpeg.962103f78cf6977f6ff9c98c650d6ab1.jpeg

All in seriousness.... I love to have an audition in order to pmake a decision. Having own Magico speakers... I much preferred the M6s. However the owner was asking for Approx US$100k.... My final offer was AU$100k, which was politely declined.

I hope these will articulate and resolute near to or close to the Magico for the spectrum within subsonic bass notes.... without first hand audition...., makes it hard to decide....!? 

Edited by Chanh
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, Chanh said:

All in seriousness.... I love to have an audition in order to pmake a decision. Having own Magico speakers... I much preferred the M6s. However the owner was asking for Approx US$100k.... My final offer was AU$100k, which was politely declined.

I hope these will articulate and resolute near to or close to the Magico for the spectrum within subsonic bass notes.... without first hand audition...., makes it hard to decide....!? 

I have heard the S5’s and the the TAD’s.  Both are amazing and would be end game for most.  If I were lucky enough to have only one of them I would go the TAD.  M6 v the TAD much more difficult - except in this case the TADs have been depreciated so easy decision.  IF I had the cash these would be gone.

• Love 1

Extract from an Email from Acoustic Sciences, US, after looking at the first REW Plot with the TAD R1s:

"REW seems to be verifying the excellence of your speakers and electronics because it's good at separating the direct signal from the room reflections, and I'm seeing super low total distortion across the entire frequency band. Even as low as 16 hz it's only a few percent!"

On 7/1/2021 at 12:58 AM, Chanh said:

None of yours... mine is more perfect.... 

???73E82BA7-D9D7-42F8-A389-F7F4EA5CA872.thumb.jpeg.962103f78cf6977f6ff9c98c650d6ab1.jpeg

i have heard the r1's driven by antileon signature stereo.

the sound was utterly beautiful.

warm sound yet you could hear deep into the soundstage.

high resolution, but never clinical.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, analog brother said:

I drove mine with the Gryphon also but my Krell KAS monoblocks blew it away in all aspects.

5D1B56AD-8CEA-4F29-ABFD-B7A3594A5E75.jpeg

Edited by Yamaha_man
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Yamaha_man said:

I drove mine with the Gryphon also but my Krell KAS monoblocks blew it away in all respects.

What Gryphon? Stereo or monos? 

I upgraded stereo unit to mono and it was simply chalk vs cheese.... 

I like Absolare gears too... However, not going back to valves any longer... Done the journey adequately to sustain a hassle free setup. I love my gears to be dead quiet..., at whatever volume set by the preamps.... Accuphase til date the only one does it in my limited 15 years audio journey. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Steam said:

I have heard the S5’s and the the TAD’s.  Both are amazing and would be end game for most.  If I were lucky enough to have only one of them I would go the TAD.  M6 v the TAD much more difficult - except in this case the TADs have been depreciated so easy decision.  IF I had the cash these would be gone.

8 hours ago, analog brother said:

Thanks Gents. I have no doubt these are outstanding and very analogue sounding. Having my eye on them for a while actually.... Certainly be interesting opportunity this Sunday, if both the Host and myself can eventuate an audition. 

• Like 4