RME ADI-2 DAC FS - $1540.00 delivered from USA Ebay seller

I think you're missing the import charges... when you add this, the total cost is $AUD1,820 delivered or thereabouts.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, crimsondelagator said:

Yeah ok... it adds them at the checkout. The way Ebay ads this little graphic next to the add to cart button is sneaky

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 4.09.37 pm.png

Whilst I can understand the confusion, what they are saying is correct - there are no additional charges at delivery, as you pay the import charges up-front as part of the ebay transaction as outlined in the listing:

import.JPG.95d0e6188aa089be78ac32e6dad86681.JPG

Edited by pete_mac
  • Like 1

I bought mine from Factory Sound in south Melbourne, they look after their customers and I got a really good price too. Fantastic unit. Otherwise check reverb.com they often come up

• Like 2

love mine and only paid a couple hundred more buying and supporting an authorised Australian retailer. 

• Like 4

Best DAC for it's price range. The features are bl##dy awesome.

• Like 1

£698 + £80 shipping + GST = £778 (around 1350AUD + GST)

https://studiocare.com/products/rme-adi-2-dac?variant=31531489034286

If you don't mind buying from UK, this is the cheapest one I have seen . Includes 2 year warranty but have to ship it back to UK for warranty claims.

Always buy directly from the seller if you can, the price on eBay is often more expensive due to extra eBay fees.

Edited by John8819

@John8819

Do you think the UK warranty would effect resale value? 

I assume a German made RME product would be pretty reliable and unlikely to have any issues in the first 2 years... 

1 minute ago, crimsondelagator said:

@John8819

Do you think the UK warranty would effect resale value? 

I assume a German made RME product would be pretty reliable and unlikely to have any issues in the first 2 years... 

Not sure about the effect on the resale value. ADI-2 normally sold for around 1750 here in classified. Well I can't say much about the reliability, you should properly search it up on Google. One of the risk you need to consider is buying from oversea without local warranty. Is it worth saving a few hundred bucks? I personally found it often offers good value when buying certain audio equipment from overseas given that the mark up local price here in Australia. 

5 minutes ago, John8819 said:

Not sure about the effect on the resale value. ADI-2 normally sold for around 1750 here in classified. Well I can't say much about the reliability, you should properly search it up on Google. One of the risk you need to consider is buying from oversea without local warranty. Is it worth saving a few hundred bucks? I personally found it often offers good value when buying certain audio equipment from overseas given that the mark up local price here in Australia. 

I've never understood why they sell for so much on SNA (and every ad at that price seems to get some commentary about what an "amazing bargain" it is). That RME-shop price is not new although it does of course, vary with exchange rate.

• Like 1

The bargain is talking about how it's such a good dac.

And that it performs above the $1750 price. (classified or not)

Not comparing it to buying direct from Europe.

Even German stuff has faults. Nothing is perfect.

and sending it back and forth is not what everyone is willing to do.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, delphi17 said:

Not comparing it to buying direct from Europe.

Even buying local you can get under $2k on special if you are patient. So $1750 for a used model doesn’t strike me as a great deal. 

I’m talking purely price here, not about performance compared to other DACs. 

48 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Even buying local you can get under $2k on special if you are patient. So $1750 for a used model doesn’t strike me as a great deal. 

I’m talking purely price here, not about performance compared to other DACs. 

Agreed. So that’s why I don’t think people are talking about $1750 as a great deal.

But the unit themselves are a great deal.

20 hours ago, delphi17 said:

Even German stuff has faults. Nothing is perfect.

Exhibit A

bc3444c8c94bae8249f0bc08fd1dfd13.png.4b92a5276a803d47595b0db003652a86.png

• Haha 3
On 08/01/2021 at 9:26 PM, muon* said:

Exhibit A

bc3444c8c94bae8249f0bc08fd1dfd13.png.4b92a5276a803d47595b0db003652a86.png

I think I look great in that outfit, what are you talking about?!?!

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update for those interested - I bought one from rme-shop.com (NL).

If you make a "Friends of RME"  account, an automatic discount is applied at checkout if you're logged in with your username. They also will include an au power cable.

Total including Fedex priority int. shipping was $1,439.26 

Hopefully no warranty/return dramas 🤞 

Thank for all you're info/recommendations 

Edited by crimsondelagator
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, crimsondelagator said:

Just an update for those interested - I bought one from rme-shop.com (NL).

If you make a "Friends of RME"  account, an automatic discount is applied at checkout if you're logged in with your username.

Total including Fedex priority int. shipping was $1,439.26 

Hopefully no warranty/return dramas 🤞 

Thank for all you're info/recommendations 

For those who intend to follow suit, please note that you cannot rely on that  as your landed price. Import costs (import duty, customs charges, clearance, GST etc) can add 25%, if you are unlucky...

On 05/01/2021 at 6:56 PM, lebowski said:

love mine and only paid a couple hundred more buying and supporting an authorised Australian retailer. 

Fully agree. Plus peace of mind with local warranty.

• Like 1