FS: VPI SCOUT Turntable / Dynavector 20x (VPI) Cart / Acrylic Cover

Item Condition: Excellent!
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Melbourne (Northern Suburbs)
State: VIC
Payment Method: Bank transfer/Cash
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:

For sale is my VPI Scout turntable with JMW9 tonearm, Dynavector 20x (VPI) MC cart and made to order acrylic cover.

A great table that has plenty of positive reviews that highlights its price/performance ratio very much in favour of the consumer. The Dynavector 20x cart was custom made for VPI with 1mV output. It combines the speed of low output and richness and low noise of high output. It has been sparingly used by me so plenty of hours still left. The acrylic cover was made to order and still in great condition. Comes with the JMW memorial tonearm alignment jig and spare cart screws/screwdriver.

All in all a great table setup! I am a fastidious person (read anal) with my audio equipment, so rest assured everything is in excellent condition.

I still have the box but l am reluctant to ship at this stage as l think l will struggle on how to pack it all up safely. So local sale is preferred.

D5777DB0-1A9B-4341-8C20-F49BAC26B540.thumb.jpeg.d9cc455bc291e71e177b1d74381f1355.jpeg

E167BAF5-E3D6-46C8-9876-4E8F8F6D3ADF.thumb.jpeg.77ea88589a250bbe53e52e3c0296e139.jpeg

0F124E5B-2F40-4FFE-AB54-1025CBFA85A9.thumb.jpeg.5c3ea9c186cfbe5cb4d82e38269bbf9d.jpeg

659BA8E9-BF9B-47EC-AE4D-016A005DA364.thumb.jpeg.5706e281b437df98cdc0966bbf8830bf.jpeg

01F5F2B5-3BB9-4D3B-9EAC-8736A6C81173.thumb.jpeg.53127950ff5e43344cbb74f9ca7cc61f.jpeg

548F8592-D93A-4710-A312-E24D908A787E.thumb.jpeg.ca2b5aac5d2848a3054828a72d3a41a2.jpeg

D136F29B-5F5B-42E2-BF86-D0EA83E9F1F7.thumb.jpeg.1126431dc344cfe58a4d8ce61a74bb12.jpeg

465B108B-0797-453B-B660-79635DFFA68A.thumb.jpeg.5039c65e9a69296ecd961579da20ec61.jpeg

99384D79-6C1F-4232-9523-3B49365C0B91.jpeg

Edited by patjoy
update
  • Like 7

I had that exact same combination, and ever since I sold it I've regretted it, even if it now only lives down the road from me.

I would've rather sold my Well Tempered Amadeus instead.

• Like 2

Geez.  As a Classic owner, this table represents amazing value at the asking price.  Those contemplating stepping up from base model tables, get in there!

• Like 1

Super nice and super solid - looks awesome with the blue light too! (How’d you do that? 🤔)

GLWTS 

Can vouch for the quality of this turntable. We absolutely love ours. Can I ask - where did you get your perspex dust cover from? Was it a custom local-made job?

Thanks.

Edited by Needo22
27 minutes ago, Needo22 said:

Just read your listing properly - so it was a custom cover. Anyone you can recommend? 

Unfortunately the mob l used are no longer in business.

• Thanks 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mivarpet
      Item Condition: Like New Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Perth State: WA Payment Method: EFT, PayPal (+fees) Reason for selling: Not used Further information:

The Denon DL103 series of cartridges have something of a cult following.  Their already excellent performance can be enhanced by a more rigid body and many companies offer new bodies in wood or aluminium, requiring you to remove the old body and then potting / glueing it into the new body.

If you're not comfortable pulling apart your prized possession, then the next best option is to buy an aluminium cap body that fits over the existing body, still providing the benefits of extra rigidity.

I purchased this body for a Denon DL-103R that I never got around to using (I'm selling the Denon DL103R separately here - https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/338492-fs-denon-dl103r-mc-cartridge-like-new/ )

Here is the website for the body - https://www.denonaluminumbody.com/  and a few quotes too - 

- “My conclusion is that [The Cap] produced a significant sonic improvement.“
      - “There are many ways to modify a 103 into a super-cartridge… this is the most cost-effective way to do it — you won’t find a better upgrade to your analog rig than The Cap”

Photos:
      (Please note - the images with a cartridge are from the manufacturer's website - a cartridge is not included)

• By denimhunter
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Inner Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT Reason for selling: Surplus Further information:
      Bought new. Nick Drake, Family Tree, 2LP, Island Records, 2014.  Original early and home recordings of Nick Drake’s music.
      only played a couple of times in excellent condition.

https://www.discrepancy-records.com.au/nick-drake-family-tree-vinyl-lp

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By bb07
      Item Condition: 10/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Caulfield South State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal F&F or PayID Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
      These Audio Principe bi-wire cables are fantastic. Unfortunately they're too short for my new setup. The have one set of spades at the amplifier end and split into two sets at the speaker end.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By denimhunter
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Inner melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT Reason for selling: surplus Further information:

Anvil support feet x4 made by Bruce Mcdougall from the US.  Anvil is also the maker of the Anvil alloy convertible turntable.  Review of the TT by Michael Fremer FYI.

https://www.analogplanet.com/content/anvil-alloy-convertible-turntable—motor-city-metal-machine-magic

Each circular footer is 75mm in diameter x 40mm high and weigh nearly 1 kg each.  A magnet is housed inside steel metal casing.  The steel ball bearings are housed in designated positions.  The ball bearings are held in place, with air gap, by the the magnet.  Each footer is capable of supporting 20+kg.  The number of ball bearings supports can vary depending on the weight of the equipment.

I bought the feet directly from Anvil a few years ago.  Paid more than usd400 at the time.

Photos:

base of footers.  Now. Of ball bearing require can vary.  Ball bearing should be slightly loaded to achieve better result

PLEASE READ
    • By Clint37
      Item Condition: Like new Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Redbank plains State: QLD Payment Method: Paypal, cash Reason for selling: Selling to fund other purchases Further information:
      The cables are an xlr 4 pin and a 3.5 cable. The hd600s come with everything as new.
      If your interested in the cables i think this package is a good deal.

Photos:

PLEASE READ