Item Condition: Vgc
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Cronulla
State: NSW
Payment Method: Cash eft paypal
Reason for selling: Too many speakers

You are looking at a really nice pair of Phillips 9710 fullrange alnico drivers

these are among the top end of vintage speakers, if you’ve never heard a pair then you’re in for a treat, they need a good solid box, you can use a vented enclosure, but many have used open baffles and even horn enclosures

they are in fantastic condition, one cone is a different colour from the other

this was not unusual, it is not from sunlight!as these have lived behind fabric their whole life until recently 

I am loathe to let these go! But I need to raise some funds, if they don’t sell I will build them up in some nice cabs and flog em, I have a nice pair of boxes to suit these, front hole not cut yet as I have many fullrange drivers that will suit the boxes.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

F2C9C571-B1DE-438E-91FE-FEC09DAD8BDB.jpeg

62A1097C-F51B-4A20-AD4F-0E0C97D99D10.jpeg

3C74D902-E7D9-440D-8971-FC4F57F1079F.jpeg

0DA50A1D-4403-4FD3-9450-18F8008A32BA.jpeg

32EC9725-8D48-4F19-87B2-15CB709BC8E8.jpeg

7C2054A3-9EF9-41B0-B72F-49CB98293C44.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Marc unlocked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pops9745
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Brisbane State: QLD Payment Method: Paypal, EFT (possibly), Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR - see details Further information: I bought this in July from a fellow SNAer last year so that I could experiment with Tidal, MQA, etc but I just can't be bothered with Tidal and the family all use Spotify so there is no need to keep it. It has just sat in place for 8 months and worked flawlessly. Comes with all the accessories, box and manual. 

Photos:

• By Jankas
      Item Condition: Near Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Camberwell State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Not being used  
      LUXMAN PD 441 – AUDIOPHILE HI-FI SETUP

INLCUDES:
      -         LUXMAN– PD 441 (Turntable)
      -         GRACE– G 704 (Tonearm)
      -         SUPEX– SDX 1000 (Cartridge)
      -         LUXMAN– CX 1 (Head Amplifier)

Rare opportunity to buy a beautiful golden age audiophile Hi-Fi setup in Near Mint condition. Was originally purchased in 1979. Was used sparingly for 10 years due to cassette and CD era. Has been carefully protected and stored away for past 30 years. Comes with original packaging, receipts, manuals and original parts and accessories.

PD 441 had an old fuse replaced and CX 1 had an old capacitor replaced, otherwise the setup has been used for the past several months and is in perfect working order. Invoices for above work can be provided.  

A truly superb setup and rare opportunity to find in such condition.

Sold as whole setup only.

Sale via local pickup preferred. Message to enquire for interstate shipping. Available to inspect and test before purchase. Serious buyers only.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LUXMAN –PD 441 (Turntable):
      Condition:
      Near Mint. Very light surface marks on the dust cover. Very light impressions(1cm x 0.5cm) on side wooden plinths from dust cover padding. Otherwise, no marks/defects to note.
      Specifications:
      Driving system: Direct drive
      Motor: Crystal control, load-free spindle system, flat brushless DC servo motor
      Platter: 30cm aluminium die-cast 2.5kg
      Rotation: 33.33 and 45rpm
      S/N ratio: no less than 75dB
      Wow and flutter: no more than 0.025% WRMS
      Weight:17kg

GRACE –G 704 (Tonearm)
      Condition:
      Near Mint. No marks/defects to note. Chamber holding silicon/oil may need to be refilled.
      Specifications:
      Overall length: 320mm
      Effective length: 237mm
      Angle of rotation: 340 degrees
      Overhang: 15mm
      Balance system: uni-pivot oil-damped type
      Range of usable weights: 4 to 13g
      Output cable: low capacitance plug-in moulded type
      Head plate: HP-1 type
      Counterweight: dial type 0.1g steps

SUPEX – SDX 1000 (Cartridge)
      Condition:
      Near Mint. No marks/defects to note. Stylus was reported to be worn, therefore should be replaced.
      Specifications:
      Type: Moving-coil
      Output voltage: 0.2 mV (1 KHz, 3.45 cm/sec.)
      Frequency response: 10 - 50,000 Hz
      Channel Separation: More than 27 dB
      Channel balance: Less than 0.6 dB
      Impedance: 2 ohms (1 kHz)
      Load impedance: More than 2 ohms
      Compliance: 9.0 x 10-6 cm/dyne
      Tracking force; 1.5 g - 2.1 g (recommended value 1.8 g)
      Type of stylus: Eiliptical nude diamond (0.3 x 0.7 mil VITALPOINT NEEDLE)
      Weight: 4.7 g

LUXMAN –CX 1 (Head Amplifier)
      Condition:
      Excellent. Small scuff/scratch on face plate bottom left corner.
      Specifications:
      20 dB (MC cartridges of middle output type)
      30 dB (MC cartridges of low output type)
      Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 500,000 Hz (-1 dB)
      Total Harmonic Distortion:
      no more than 0,003% (20 dB position, output 300 mV, 20 -20,000 Hz)
      no more than 0,005% )30 dB position, output 300 mV, 20 - 20,000 Hz)
      Input Equivalent Noise:
      -150 dBV (30 dB position, input short-circuited, RIAA, IHF-A weighted)
      -148 dBV (20 dB position, input short-circuited, RIAA, IHF-A weighted)
      Input Overloaded Voltage: no less than 90 dB (1 kHz); no less than 80 dB (20kHz)
      Input Impedance: 100 ohms
      Output Impedance: 100 ohms
      Power Consumption: 5 W
      Dimensions (W x H x D): 138 x 77 x 305 mm (5-7/16'' x 12'' x 3-1/32'')
      Weight: 2.7 kg

• By Antripodean
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Werribee State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal (plus fees). EFT Reason for selling: No longer required Further information:
      This is a 4 channel amplifier that delivers power that few amps can come close to. The FP10000Q”” stands for 10000 watts and it can achieve this with a 32 Amp feed. It's currently fitted with a 32 amp plug (sparkie changed it) and I have run it on a standard outlet too. It runs well on the standard outlet too, obviously with less total power. It's great that each channel has a gain control which is excellent for ensuring sound level matching in room.
      I am selling as I need to go fanless in the Hi Fi space I have now. I don't have an issue when listening to movies but with music the fans do intrude. I haven't done any modifications to this unit but I understand it can be fitted with Noctua fans (or similar). It could also be put into a audio cabinet. I'm needing to spend 10X this price to get enough power without fans so it's hard to give up this amplifier as it represents such great value.  Complete with manual.
      The FP series switching power amplifiers are Sanway's innovative technology achievement. They are designed to achieve unsurpassed sonic performance and long-term reliability for operating even under extreme rigorous conditions. In addition, this workhorse of the high power class TD amplifier is loaded with features including full short circuit open circuit, thermal and mismatched loads protection,and intelligent cooling system etc. Sanway FP10000Q 4 channel amplifier is the core model in the FP series. (from Sanway site)
      Features :
      1. Switching power supply - High efficiency and stability of the new switching power supply
      2. Intelligent signal limiter – Each channel has an independent output signal overload distortion, automatic pressure limited function, to avoid DC level because of the audio signal output and burned speakers.
      3. Multiple detection, multiple protection - A soft start, the second start, the (low) pressure protection, output overload and short circuit protection.
      4. High efficiency, low heat - Efficient Class TD amplifier, significantly reduce heat loss.
      5. Metal Packaging, high-power transistors, a pure, passionate, authentic audio effects.
      6. Removable face Network - Removable the hole into the wind-net, easy cleaning.

Photos:

• By Antripodean
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Werribee State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal (plus fees). EFT Reason for selling: No longer required Further information: JPS Labs need no introduction for those of you familiar with high end interconnects and speaker cables. This is a custom made JPS Labs Superconductor + for use with subwoofers or wherever a single channel feed is required. At 7 metres, it should be good for most rooms, allowing you to position your subwoofer in the optimal position for your room.

Photos:

• By Josipg
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Adelaide State: SA Payment Method: paypal as friend, or standard paypal +3% Reason for selling: NLR Further information: recently purchased to compare suitability. 
      sound is very detailed, open soundstage and drivers a low noise SUT solution. Best results were with a good quality coaxial interconnect with ground shield.

The MCL uses transformers supplied by Lundahl of Sweden and is a superb step-up transformer designed specifically for modern low output moving coil cartridges and optimised for use into moving magnet phonostage inputs.
      It features very wide bandwidth, low distortion and carefully designed primary and secondary loading networks to optimise the performance and give beautifully reproduced transients, free from ringing.
      The core materials and winding techniques employed in the manufacture are unsurpassed and feature multiple primary and secondary windings configured to cancel hum pickup from external sources as well as minimise inter-winding capacitance and maximise bandwidth.
      The step-up ratio makes it compatible with a wide range of cartridges and our proprietary loading networks maintain  a 100 ohm input impedance, also compatible with a wide range of cartridges.

Specification can be found at the following link:

mc step-up transformer (rothwellaudioproducts.co.uk)

turns ratio - 1:20
      voltage gain - 26dB (x20)
      core material - cobalt based uncut amorphous strip
      input impedance* - 100 ohms
      optimum load impedance** - 47k + 150pF
      bandwidth - 8Hz - 75kHz (+0/-3dB)
      cartridge compatibility (o/p) - 0.2mV - 0.7mV
      cartridge compatibility (imp.) - internal impedance <20 ohms
      dimensions - 60 x 155 x 92 mm
      weight - 580g

*This is the load presented to the cartridge.
      **This is the optimum load for the transformer, ie the input impedance of the phonostage that the MCL feeds into.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.