SVS SB 2000 Pro or Krix Tektonix

Hi guys the next piece in the HT jigsaw are the dual subs. 

My room is approx 5 x 5 x 2.7 and am looking at either the SVS SB2000 Pro or the Krix Tektonix. Price wise there is nothing in it and I understand that I’m comparing sealed to ported but they are relatively the same size with slightly different height dimensions but still within the aesthetic’s that my wife will let me get away with. 

LCR are Kef Q950 and Q650C with Q350 surrounds. 

90% Movie use just looking to get some idea of which way to go. I do like the idea of the SVS App for set up. 

cheers

6 hours ago, Stankoj said:

Hi guys the next piece in the HT jigsaw are the dual subs. 

My room is approx 5 x 5 x 2.7 and am looking at either the SVS SB2000 Pro or the Krix Tektonix. Price wise there is nothing in it and I understand that I’m comparing sealed to ported but they are relatively the same size with slightly different height dimensions but still within the aesthetic’s that my wife will let me get away with. 

LCR are Kef Q950 and Q650C with Q350 surrounds. 

90% Movie use just looking to get some idea of which way to go. I do like the idea of the SVS App for set up. 

cheers

With your square room, bass EQ is likely to be important. Which AVR are you using? If it's one with limited room EQ then the SVS' DSP functions will be a real advantage. Otherwise, agree, not a whole lot between them.

31 minutes ago, Stankoj said:

Quark I have the Marantz SR6014 and have stumped up the $35 for the Audyssey app to try and get room EQ sorted. 

Since you already have Audyssey, which will handle the bass, the SVS app is redundant.  Yes, it is convenient to set up with the App, but after that, it should not be used. Tweaking the sub after running Audyssey does not make sense.

Note that the SB2000 Pro delivers more power than the Tektonix.

Given you have a square room, a second sub will help even more. But understand the difficulty of getting this through the better half... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stankoj said:

Quark I have the Marantz SR6014 and have stumped up the $35 for the Audyssey app to try and get room EQ sorted. 

That's good, you've got Audyssey XT32 which will EQ each sub separately (preferable).

2 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

Since you already have Audyssey, which will handle the bass, the SVS app is redundant.  Yes, it is convenient to set up with the App, but after that, it should not be used. Tweaking the sub after running Audyssey does not make sense.

Note that the SB2000 Pro delivers more power than the Tektonix.

Given you have a square room, a second sub will help even more. But understand the difficulty of getting this through the better half... 

I do do prefer using the app to turn off the default mid range dip in Audyssey to improve dialog clarity - YMMV.

Agree a second sub can really help even up bass response, especially in a square room.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

I do do prefer using the app to turn off the default mid range dip in Audyssey to improve dialog clarity - YMMV.

Mmmm..  :hmm: 

Didn't realise Audyssey does not allow such tweaking within app and you have to do after. 

1 minute ago, Snoopy8 said:

Mmmm..  :hmm: 

Didn't realise Audyssey does not allow such tweaking within app and you have to do after. 

If I recall correctly, I did it in the app after rerunning Audyssey. FYI the dip is actually called mid-range compensation.

• Like 1

Well. If the app is not really required after Audessey has done its thing. Then I’m leaning towards the Krix Sub. Always was leaning towards a ported sub and a bonus by supporting an Aussie company. 

Multi sub was always my intention although will have to get the second when funds allow. 

cheers

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think you can go wrong with either of those subs. I have an old SVS SB2000 from 2011 and its still going. Great sounding sub for both music and movies. My room dimensions are similar (4m x 5m).

I have also visited Krix a number of times as they are located close to where I live. They have been very helpful in the past (My mains are krix).

Cheers

3 hours ago, hopefullguy said:

movies = ported, get the svs pb2000 pro or buy a 2nd hand pb3000.

They would be the choice for me but just too big for the wife to handle. I can get away with a lot but two big black lumps of subwoofer is not one of them. 

7 hours ago, Dazz said:

I dont think you can go wrong with either of those subs. I have an old SVS SB2000 from 2011 and its still going. Great sounding sub for both music and movies. My room dimensions are similar (4m x 5m).

I have also visited Krix a number of times as they are located close to where I live. They have been very helpful in the past (My mains are krix).

Cheers

Thanks Dazz I’ve convinced myself to go the Krix. 

• Like 1