"Tidal Misleading Listeners" - Neil Young

2 minutes ago, Grizaudio said:

Googling Quboz, it seems Tidal have paid for a reference to Quboz in the paid search result. Does anyone else find this misleading...... ? 

F2A01FB4-A997-4381-8799-A0635A30FCA0.jpeg

Bring on Quboz. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that’s rather harsh. If MQA makes the claim that they bring you closer to what the artist intended and the whole chain is “authenticated”, then they’d better actually do that.  Neil Young sa

I'm with the artist here. It's bad enough the record companies not giving a flying fig for music quality ("here, have a a mp3 download with that"). Neil seems to be one of the few artists who is passi

Incredible to hear Neil Young being criticised by record lovers considering he has been critical of CDs as far back as the the time they were invented and has been relentless in his criticism of the f

I reckon NY is being a bit pedantic about this. Seems silly to me to take his music off Tidal when his albums sound pretty darn good & yet leave his music on spotify when it sounds pretty darn goddamn awful, all because of the word 'Master'. Really? Build a bridge Neil...pardon the pun. 

6 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

I reckon NY is being a bit pedantic about this. Seems silly to me to take his music off Tidal when his albums sound pretty darn good & yet leave his music on spotify when it sounds pretty darn goddamn awful, all because of the word 'Master'. Really? Build a bridge Neil...pardon the pun. 

Why not read what he said?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

I did...but I would prefer to listen to his music. 

For $20 a year join his archives site 

Everything he has ever put on tape and constantly being added to over 55 years or so

You won’t find a better musician site on the web

Most of is in better sound than CDs if that matters 

• Like 2

Yeah there's some great stuff on there. It was a poor attempt at humour with me saying I would prefer to listen to his music. I own most of his pre 90 cat on vinyl & I have most of his stuff before & after 90 on cd. 

Still I like to check out his new and archive releases on Tidal. 

Streaming isnt my main source and certainly i dont use it for dedicated 2 channel listening sessions but still it certainly is very handy. 

Mainly I use it with dap & and cans. 

• Moderators
On 04/01/2021 at 4:51 PM, Marc said:

Devil's advocate, but the timing of this announcement and rant to me, is a touch suspicious. He's been pushing his own NYA service quite hard now which of course if his content was freely available via TIDAL, would impact his own subscriber base?

Agreed. Not that it matters much to me. I rate him as a good songwriter but his wobbly voice does nothing for me.

(ducks for cover)

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, wolster said:

.. but his wobbly voice does nothing for me.

(ducks for cover)

I could say that of a few other singers including a Nobel laureate! 😁 

(ducks for cover with helmet, bullet proof vest!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m not sure how his singing or songwriting abilities has anything to do with his complaint. 
Similarly, theories about him doing this to make more money are fascinating (really they are), but also don’t address the substance of what he’s saying. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, wolster said:

Agreed. Not that it matters much to me. I rate him as a good songwriter but his wobbly voice does nothing for me.

(ducks for cover)

I reckon I will join you in the trenches Wol.:fear:

Neil is one of those artists that I absolutely don't get.

I never got him back-in-the-day and I still don't.

What I DO like and admire about him is his stance on MQA. Anyone who tries to unmask the great MQA power trip  is OK by me.

Edited by rantan
  • Like 1