Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Glen Iris
State: VIC
Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling:

Further information:

These speakers are in immaculate condition with no starches or damage as can be seen from the photos. They sound fantastic and well suited to someone interested in building an audiophile system.

Acoustic Energy are a renowned British speaker manufacturer whose products are consistent award winners. The AE109 is one of the best examples of their success with floorstanders.  Anyone familiar with the Acoustic Energy brand will know how good these speakers are. They received fantastic reviews and won the several awards including 5 stars from What Hi-Fi when they were initially released.  In a later What Hi-Fi group test, they won the 5 Gold Stars Award beating equivalent speakers from renowned brands such as B&W, Polk Audio, Castle and EPOS. I researched and auditioned thoroughly prior to purchasing these speakers. In What Hi-Fi’s words “they offer a performance that sparkles in a multitude of systems with all kinds of music”. These were regarded as the go to speakers at the time, and I listened to several other speakers at reputable audio dealers in Melbourne such as Carlton Audio prior to purchase. In fact, Carlton Audio still refer to the high standard of these speakers in their advertisement for the current generation AE109 with the following words – “This has illustrious boots to fill. The original AE109 loudspeaker was a revolutionary slim floorstander that was the go-to product of the time

The 2.5 way speakers are efficient and easy to drive and are therefore fairly easy to combine with a suitable amplifier.

The aesthetics and slim line profile of these speakers make them easy to integrate into your listening space.

Some specifications:

Sensitivity 90 db

Power handing 150 watts max

Impedance  - typically 6 ohms

3 way Crossover with 1  High Frequency 25 mm unit and 2  X 90 mm Mid Frequency and Low Frequency units

Overall frequency response : 35Hz to 22kHz

Frequency Response : 55Hz to 18kHz ± 3db

Terminals : gold-plated 2-way binding posts with bi-wiring option

The speakers come complete with a user manual.

Pickup only from Glen Iris VIC 3146 (near Ashburton railway station)

Payment by bank deposit or COD. .0Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

20210103_153657.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

20210103_152006.jpg

Edited by fernei01

I still have my ae109s bought in the UK when visiting family back in 2000 and shipped them back to Aus as found nothing to match for the price.

They are still going strong is a second system and great performers with music or HT. I have the darker veneered cabinets (Rosewood )

Attach some good speaker cables (had some NB bi wired krix) and a sub such as a Rel T zero or T5 ... end up with a superb pair of floorstander for the price 

GLWTS 

Hi Mark I agree. Acoustic Energy produce fantastic speakers.  Smart move buying them in the UK as they were so much cheaper there even with the cost of shipping. They were quite expensive in Australia.

I was hesitant to sell these but  it started with the idea of upgrading to the new AE309  during the COVID lockdown in Melbourne.  While listening to the AE309 and I also gave the new Monitor Audio Silver 200 a listen and was quite impressed and bought them  at a decent price. The MA's are smaller and that was a consideration, and I was also influenced by  reviews that suggested that they were easy to position in the room.  This is not  quite true as I have had to place  them a fair distance away from the wall to avoid them sounding harsh and they also need to be toed in carefully to get the soundstage right.  I have done some side by side listening of the MAs and AE109 and surprised at how good the 109's sound.  I use Audioquest bi-wire speaker cables.

I have also recently added a REL T5i subwoofer. This  is the beginning of another vicious cycle as I am now thinking I need a new amp to complement the speakers.  (I currently have a Cambridge Audio 740A ) and a new DAC  to get the best out of my Bluesound streamer!!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TigerStripe
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Carindale, Brisbane State: QLD Payment Method: Paypal, Cash Reason for selling: Upgrade Further information: JBL LS80 Floorstanding 3-way loud speakers (pair) in mahogany. Designed in JBL's Northridge Speaker Test Facility, these LS80s are a part of the JBL Synthesis line making them stable mates with the legendary Everest series. These examples were purchased new in 2013, I am the single owner, they are in near perfect condition and have a visually stunning room presence. Never overdriven, always with a high pass crossover at 60Hz and powered using a quality Plinuis amplifier. The bi-radial horns have wonderful clarity and imaging, coupled with the 2 * 8" woofers making for a supreme listening experience.

Selling due to an upgrade to JBL's new HDI-3800 & HDI-1200P. Upgrade triggered due to the LS series matching subwoofer's internal amplifier failing (LS120P). This gave me the excuse I needed to upgrade to the new HDI series. This advertisement DOES NOT include the LS120P but I am open to discussion, image included for reference.

Includes grilles, hard surface floor pads, carpet spikes, original user guide and box packaging. Original packaging boxes are in average condition due to two house moves.

Pick up available (preferred), will ship anywhere in Australia at buyer's cost. I welcome an audition if you're close to Brisbane.

Sad to see them go....

Specifications:
      Design:3-1/2-Way, Ported Enclosure, Floor-Standing Drivers: One 0.75″ Polyester Film Tweeter, One 2″ Titanium Compression Horn Midrange, Two 8″ PolyPlas Woofers MFR: 46hz-38Khz (-3dB) Crossover Frequencies: 400 Hz (6dB/Octave); 2.5 kHz and 8 kHz (24dB/Octave) Sensitivity: 90 db (2.83 V @ 1 Meter) Maximum Power: 200 Watts Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms Dimensions: 44″ H x 10.4″ W x 16.5″ D  
      PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

• By Jhsg
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Canberra State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: PayPal or bank transfer Reason for selling: Upgrading Hi everyone 

I’m listing my pmc twenty5.23’s for sale as I’m upgrading.

I won’t be able to post them until next week but thought I’d throw them up now. I’m happy to take a small deposit and the full amount just prior to me sending them. Hopefully this gives people a little time to get cash together or sell other things to finance them. 

These speakers changed the game for me. They aren’t big but sound massive. I’ve honestly struggled to find any speakers under 10k (even some over 10k) that even come close. The sound staging is wide and pin point accurate, the sound is extremely balanced and rich and the lower frequencies are more than covered. They are also not fussy with amps or positioning so you can put them anywhere and get a great sound. These are widely regarded as the sweet spot in the pmc range. They also have a 20 year warranty from pmc. 

The speakers present in mint condition and have been well looked after. I have all the original packaging and happy to ship. 

I also have a matching PMC centre speaker if you’re keen on the bundle. Add $1500 if you want it. Otherwise I’m happy to keep it.  

Notes:

- free shipping is only to metro locations. Country or international buyers will need to pay difference between the cost of shipping to metro & their location - clause added as I got caught out with someone from Jakarta a few months ago.

- take 10% off for local pickup in Canberra. 

- buyer pays PayPal fees (+3%) or I’m happy to accept cash, bank transfer or trusted PayPal payment. 

Thanks. 

• By zakblue
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Balwyn State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash, Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: No Longer Required Further information:

Local pickup only as the boxes were too large to keep.

Photos:

• By zakblue
      Item Condition: Immaculate Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Balwyn State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash, Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: No Longer Required Further information: 

Have original shipping boxes so can send Australia wide though Interparcel courier service.
      Buyer pays postage. PM for more info.

• By zakblue
      Price: $2600 Item Condition: Immaculate Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash, Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: Too Many Speakers Further information: 

Have original shipping boxes so can send Australia wide though Interparcel courier service.
      Buyer pays postage.