Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Melbourne
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash, eft, PayPal
Reason for selling: No longer required

I’m selling a lovely vintage Pioneer SA-8500 MK-II Stereo Amplifier.

Made in Japan

240v model

Dual transformer design - The sound signature is typical Pioneer of the period sporting a wonderful analogue experience 

Specifications below thanks to www.hifiengine.com

Power output: 60 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)

Dimensions: 420 x 150 x 376mm

Weight: 13.9kg

The amplifier works as it should on both channels and on all inputs - bias is set to factory spec and the amp has had all its electrolytic capacitors replaced excluding the original power supply capacitors. All controls have been cleaned for smooth and quiet operation. Original NEC output transistors in place.

Presented in very good cosmetic condition with minor imperfections in line with its age - the lid has some surface rust and serial number engraved I was going to get this powder coated but opted to keep original to let the new owner decide to leave it or have it repainted to their desired colour.

Overall presents very nice but most importantly sounds wonderful.

Melbourne pick up only due to the size and weight of this amp

A donation will made to stereo net post the sale

B0119ED9-446B-4148-B412-3A81CFBA228A.jpeg

303D27B7-AAB2-407B-84FF-D712789D2BC0.jpeg

826B28A4-6892-4D16-B7AC-8B92A0C6D3CA.jpeg

80F5EAE0-11DA-4B20-9FE3-3886739A8E9E.jpeg

7A773F8E-817E-4C95-B6DE-33882A4DD675.jpeg

Edited by Vintage_Hi_Fi
  • Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Timster
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Scarsdale State: VIC Payment Method: Cash on pickup, Paypal (+3%), PayID Reason for selling: No Longer Required Selling 2 of my Emotiva UPA-1 Monoblocks that have served as the main L+R amps in my listening and theater setup.  Original owner and bought new from Emotiva direct.  Amps are in excellent condition from a smoke free home.  Come with trigger cables, Manual x 1, original double boxes, power leads, as well as the silver trims.

Power output (all channels driven): 350 watts RMS @ 4 ohm, 200 watts RMS @ 8 ohm

Can ship if required, but bear in mind these are big and heavy.  I can ship via AU Post, registered and insured, as not easily able to get to a freight depot on weekdays.  Example shipping cost to Melbourne is $96.00 or $146.00 to Brisbane for both amps.  (56x56x22cm cartons approx 18kg each).  Alternatively, if you arrange your own courier to pick them up that is fine too!
      I would deliver within 2 hours of Ballarat for $60.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By peppy
      Item: McChanson 300b Amplifier (timE or pEar, timE preferred) 
      Price Range: $800
      Item Condition: Used
      Extra Info: I am Sydney based, happy to cover postage.

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).
    • By lachlan_b
      Item Condition: Very good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Adelaide State: SA Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: Upgrading system Further information: 
      Fantastic stereo integrated from Naim.
      Rated at 50 'very large' watts per channel 😀
      Fun, engaging and powerful sound for which Naim are famous.
      Includes Narcom 4 remote control, manual, AUS power cable and original packaging
      Also selling the matching CD player.

Photos:

• By hugo_wilco
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: PayPal for friends EFT cash Reason for selling: NLR Further information: less than 6mths old. Amazing integrated with a fantastic phone stage included. Has that amazing foot-tapping rhythmic ability that on my Naim have. 

Photos:

• By Esoterica
      Item Condition: Like new Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Mudgee State: NSW Payment Method: EFT, Paypal Reason for selling: Too many amps Further information:

Hi all, the time has come to sell my beloved Pathos Classic Remix integrated amp, which I bought new only 6-9 months ago. 
      Like the rest of the Pathos' range, it is a unique and striking design, and made in Italy. It's a very solid piece of kit. This is the gloss white version.

I'd love to keep it, but need the funds and having 3 integrated amps, I've decided to keep my Primare mainly because it has HT bypass functionality. There isn't much between them audio quality wise.

The amp has a pre out, and came fitted with the optional HiDAC, so you have all the input options. Coaxial, optical, 4 x unbalanced analog, one set of balanced, USB-A (front & back), USB-B, ethernet and comes with a Pathos branded flash drive (as pictured) that I've never used. 

A couple of things I like about this amp, besides the sound quality, design and build quality are the 180 step volume dial which allows fine adjustment and the fact that volume level is memorised specifically for each input! That is awesome if you play vinyl and digital sources etc. The remote is all metal too! 

Check out this page for more detailed info and specs - https://www.analogueseduction.net/products/pathos-classic-remix-integrated-amplifier.html

The amp will come with 3 pairs of tubes. The stock Electro-Harmonix pair which have around 30 hrs usage, NOS matched pair of GE with around 15 hrs and an unusued NOS matched pair of Tesla. 

The amp is in 'like new' condition, and will come with everything it did when bought new. All paperwork, box/packing and the flash drive, tubes and anything else I may have forgotten. A few spots can be seen on the heatsink in right side of rear pic. This just wiped off.

While this amp was released several years ago, you can still buy it online. As a guide, it would cost ~$5400 from Analogue Seduction (not including GST & customs fees, or shipping). Upscale Audio also have this model in stock and charge ~$5500 (without all the added fees/shipping). Iirc the amp was around $7-8k rrp locally.

I have endeavoured to be as thorough and honest as possible, but may have missed something. Any questions? I'm happy to answer!

$50 will cover shipping to most states. It will probably cost more because it's a very big, heavy box, but for the eastern states I'm happy to make it easy and call it $50. Might be able to do it for others, but will have to weigh and measure as ime, shipping to S.A & W.A could be over $100. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.