FS: Denon AH-D2000 Full Sized Closed Back Headphone with custom cable

Item Condition: GOOD
Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Melb
State: VIC
Payment Method: EFT
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:

Denon AH-D2000 (Black) Closed Back Full Sized Headphone with New Earpad and Custom 1.5m cable

• Functional condition: It works as intended and sounds great. Earcup joint hinge is common issue with these Denon headphone and it is fixed with flat hex nut from bottom and locknut on top and it moves smoothly without falling off.
  • Cosmetic Condition:   It has some wear and scratches. Recently replaced with Brand New leather Denon earpad. Feels super comfy.  Headband cover is worn so would need new cover soon.
  • Stock cable is terrible. Too thick and kink and too long. Replaced with supple custom 1.5m cable caters both 3.5mm and 6.3mm Termination. Much better to use and no tangle any longer.
  • Sound Characteristics:   Bass is deep and impactful that dynamic driver provides.  If I got the sound chracteristic of this headphone correctly, it is U shaped headphone so provide great bass and details. I found that this headphone go very well with modern music.

* Headphone stand is not included in this sale. (I need it for future use).

Listed price includes shipping anywhere in Australia.

User reviews can be found here;

https://www.ebay.com.au/urw/Denon-AH-D2000-Headband-Headphones-Black/product-reviews/114540603

Thank you.

Photos:

IMG_7228.jpg

IMG_7229.jpg

IMG_7230.jpg

IMG_7231.jpg

IMG_7233.jpg

IMG_7235.jpg

Edited by Spider27

Nice headphones! Been my daily driver for years. For anyone curious about the headband cushion, it can be replaced with a Beyerdynamic part which can be had cheaply. The stock Denon headband cushion is easy to cut away.

GLWS

• Like 1

Just now, cassmobian said:

Nice headphones! Been my daily driver for years. For anyone curious about the headband cushion, it can be replaced with a Beyerdynamic part which can be had cheaply. The stock Denon headband cushion is easy to cut away.

GLWS

Thank you for the suggestion and greatly appreciated.

Found brand new velour earpads from drawer. I think that these might fit this headphone and will throw this in for new owner if new owner try different sound characteristics.  If I understand correctly, leather earpad provide better seal and more bass presence and velour earpad provide less prominent low end and more high frequency presence. 

IMG_7236.jpg