Thinking of buying Marantz SR5015 to replace non-working SR7002 Receiver for HT

Hi all,

Thinking of purchasing Marantz SR5015 (within budget! - SR6015 is too much!) in the new year for HT to replace non-working SR7002.

Good reviews so far!

Not a large HT room, so power should be ok! Almost the same as my old SR7002.

8 ohm speakers

Acoustic treatment around the room!

What do you guys think of this receiver or even the one before SR5014?

1 hour ago, ronlife said:

Hi all,

Thinking of purchasing Marantz SR5015 (within budget! - SR6015 is too much!) in the new year for HT to replace non-working SR7002.

Good reviews so far!

Not a large HT room, so power should be ok! Almost the same as my old SR7002.

8 ohm speakers

Acoustic treatment around the room!

What do you guys think of this receiver or even the one before SR5014?

The 6015 only comes with basic Audyssey XT, not XT32. The difference between the two is bass EQ (where you generally need it the most) and it's chalk vs cheese. Will your budget stretch to a Denon X3700 (which has XT32)? Denon/Marantz are part of the same business and have a lot in common.

Other than lacking XT32, the 5015 is a good choice.

• Like 2

If you can get the SR5014 cheaper, then consider it. The SR5015 has better video pass through (8K, HDR+) but currently, not much movie material with those formats... And assumes your TV/Projector can support it.

Note that your SR7002 had a total power consumption (a better indication of  AVR power) of 750W, while the SR5014/5015 has 650W.  You will have 13% less power.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hopefullguy said:

have always looked at that equation used by many many many people but here is a different version

just use your ears to decide.

Agree looking at power consumption is not the only thing to consider (and thank you for the link).  Given OP knows and prefers the Marantz sound, it is now a matter to getting the best unit within budget.

But if OP is open to other brands, then this may fit within budget?

https://klappav.com.au/products/t-758-v3i-av-surround-sound-receiver

Need to have a listen to Nad, etc first, when I go for an audio journey in the new year - Challenge Hifi here in Adelaide. Because it's all about the sound to my ears at the end of it all!!!

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I recently purchased the Marantz 8015 and it has superb sound and audio / video features.  Setting up a breeze and Audssey App is bit fiddly to use but works Ok as long as good line of site. Remote isnt the best and takes several pushes to work it sometimes and doesnt take too kindly to quick change oif inputs but apart from those glitches everything is top notch. I noted that you are looking at cheaper option but I got 20% off here in WA so watch media for options with their better models, supply may slow a bit with COVID restricting supplies, I had to wait until post XMAS for mine. the 8015 replaced my Pioneer 901 which I put up for sale on StereoNet. If you want any specific feedback on Marantz let me know.  Good luck. 

Thanks for the replies everyone. Very much appreciate it!

I ended up getting my SR7002 fixed for $180!!!!! So very goodly.

Thanks, Ron.

But if I was to upgrade in the future, I would go the 5015 for my budget!

For those interested, Hollywood Cinema has the  Marantz SR 8015 for $5640.00 ($7,050 - 20%). See:

https://hollywoodcinemastore.com.au/sound/receivers-amplifiers/av-receivers/marantz/marantz-sr-8015-av-amplifier

There are other Marantz such as SR6015 & SR7015 with 20% off. See:

https://hollywoodcinemastore.com.au/sound/receivers-amplifiers/av-receivers

Edited by bizzibee
  • Like 2