Set up Krell Foundation HT preamp

On 31/12/2020 at 7:09 PM, 57John said:

So I’m not sure how to reach analog input 1...

A feature of the Krell is intelligent hdmi John ; heres a pdf on the setup ; looks intuitive assigning memories to each input -and it auto switches to the right decoder :)

Press the Right button to move cursor to Aud (Audio) field. Press the Up or Down button to select desired audio input.

Krell_Foundation_Processor_Owners_Reference.pdf (krellhifi.com) 

It was a conscience decision from Krell  to foregoe a complete osd to get to a lower price point than the 707 etc . They added more osd when they upgraded the hdmi version lateir irc

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, cwt said:

A feature of the Krell is intelligent hdmi John ; heres a pdf on the setup ; looks intuitive assigning memories to each input -and it auto switches to the right decoder :)

Krell_Foundation_Processor_Owners_Reference.pdf (krellhifi.com) 

It was a conscience decision from Krell  to foregoe a complete osd to get to a lower price point than the 707 etc . They added more osd when they upgraded the hdmi version lateir irc

Hi cwt

im not using hdmi yet. Just rca from my Luxman D06u SACD CD player.

I have many copies of the manual that you referenced.

So why doesn’t it play when I set it to cd? Or Blu-ray player either. It plays fine through the Marantz. 

And zero response to the remote. New batteries loaded.

ive even tried turning the volume to 75. And tried both zones main and 2. Zip.

Edited by 57John
Spell check

14 minutes ago, 57John said:

So why doesn’t it play when I set it to cd? Or Blu-ray player either. It plays fine through the Marantz. 

So assign input doesnt work ? What about the assign  memory ?

Press the Up or Down button to select source to edit. Press the Enter button and Vid (video) field will start flashing. Press the Up or Down button to select desired video input. Press the Right button to move cursor to Aud (Audio) field. Press the Up or Down button to select desired audio input. Press the Enter button to confirm changes. Press the Up or Down button to select a different source to edit.

Assign Memory Press the Enter button to enter the Assign Memory sub menu. The first source, BD1: Bluray1, is displayed along with its assigned memory. Press the Up or Down button to select a different source or press the Enter Button and the Memory field will flash. Press the Up or Down button to change the memory setting. Press Enter to confirm setting. Press the Left button to return to the Source Setup sub menu.

If thats the case maybe the 2 cd options in the list you posted above equates to 1 being digital and 1 being analogue ; but thats a long shot . Its usually cheaper avr's and pre's that lock an input type to a specific socket ; the Krell is obviously much more assignable letting you do things like watch the tv while listening to the radio for sports say . If no luck I suggest you enquire in the Krell foundation sub forum @ avs forum  

Krell Foundation Owners Thread | Page 259 | AVS Forum

1 hour ago, cwt said:

If thats the case maybe the 2 cd options in the list you posted above equates to 1 being digital and 1 being analogue ; but thats a long shot . Its usually cheaper avr's and pre's that lock an input type to a specific socket ; the Krell is obviously much more assignable letting you do things like watch the tv while listening to the radio for sports say . If no luck I suggest you enquire in the Krell foundation sub forum @ avs forum  

Thanks for this referral.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cwt said:

No I put the cd again just to show we had reached the end of the list and it begins the rotation again...