Set up Krell Foundation HT preamp

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

It's pretty much plug and play, aside from the Speaker measurement and EQ side of things which can be daunting if you've never experienced similar with an AVR before. What is it exactly you are having trouble with? Have you completed the wiring up and got sound/picture so far?

40 minutes ago, Marc said:

It's pretty much plug and play, aside from the Speaker measurement and EQ side of things which can be daunting if you've never experienced similar with an AVR before. What is it exactly you are having trouble with? Have you completed the wiring up and got sound/picture so far?

Hi Marc

So plugged my CD player rca into it and rca out to my Primaluna amp and nothing.

Scrolled through the source menu and found cd. Still nothing.

Not quite plug and play...

Plugged my ethernet cable in. Got a network error message. Another dead end.

Just now, 57John said:

Hi Marc

So plugged my CD player rca into it and rca out to my Primaluna amp and nothing.

Scrolled through the source menu and found cd. Still nothing.

Not quite plug and play...

Plugged my ethernet cable in. Got a network error message. Another dead end.

Thanks for replying Marc.

28 minutes ago, DRC said:

You may need to hook the unit up to a TV or monitor to access the menu/set up functions. This may not be immediately apparent from the manual.

G’day DRC. Haven’t been able to it connect to my network via ethernet cable yet. Getting an error message.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, 57John said:

G’day DRC. Haven’t been able to it connect to my network via ethernet cable yet. Getting an error message.

Understood, but have you hooked up the HDMI output to a TV so you can see the interface/settings?

• Administrator

OK there is no GUI for the TV display so scrap that. Setup has to be done via the OLED display on the unit, or a web interface which is no use given you are getting a network error. What does the display on the unit itself show? 

Have you done a factory reset via the onscreen interface? Start there and then hopefully the network might kick start.

Just now, Marc said:

OK there is no GUI for the TV display so scrap that. Setup has to be done via the OLED display on the unit, or a web interface which is no use given you are getting a network error. What does the display on the unit itself show? 

Have you done a factory reset via the onscreen interface? Start there and then hopefully the network might kick start.

Marc 

thanks mate.

i started with that factory reset during that I’m imagining I’m losing whatever software updates he’s done. So tick  on factory update successfully complete.

Im sure it’s something logical I’m missing in set up.

im gunna bring it over to the router and plug it in there to see if I can get the net working ... will report back.

• Administrator

Factory resets IME don't generally undo firmware updates. 

This unit is renowned for having an unintuitive setup process, but nonetheless you should at least be able to quickly get picture and sound.

IMO, chasing the network problem is not a priority at this stage. If you have done a factory reset, you should be able to get some output pretty quickly.

Assuming you know how to wire up the system? 

Krell_Foundation_4K_Processor_Rear-1.jpg

You should have a HDMI cable from OUT1 to the input on your TV.

You should have a pair of Audio Out RCAs from your CD player (or HDMI from a Blu-ray player) connected to Analog Input 1 (or HDMI1) on the Krell. Then on Source selection, you need to choose Analog Input 1 (or HDMI1).

The Analog Audio Out from the Krell (L,R as shown above), should be connected to the inputs on your amplifier.

This should give you sound of some sort or display a picture in the first instance.

6 minutes ago, Marc said:

This unit is renowned for having an unintuitive setup process, but nonetheless you should at least be able to quickly get picture and sound.

IMO, chasing the network problem is not a priority at this stage. If you have done a factory reset, you should be able to get some output pretty quickly.

You should have a pair of RCAs from your CD player (or HDMI from a Blu-ray player) connected from the Audio Out (or HDMI out) to Analog Input 1 (or HDMI1).

Then on Source selection, you need to choose Analog Input 1 (or HDMI1).

The Analog Audio Audio (L,R as shown above), should be connected to the inputs on your amplifier.

This should give you sound of some sort or display a picture in the first instance.

Let me return to you soon after rewiring her back up after the visit to the router in the garage...much appreciate your support Marc thank you 

• Administrator

It looks like someone has renamed an input to CD (guessing), so there's no telling if that actually is Input 1 or otherwise from your pic.

The photo is not really helpful without seeing the entire wiring unfortunately.

• Administrator

If it were called Blu-ray by default - it may well be an HDMI input, rather than an Analog audio input.

I would suggest that you factory reset the unit, make no changes, and try as I have suggested in an earlier post.

6 hours ago, Marc said:

You should have a pair of RCAs from your CD player (or HDMI from a Blu-ray player) connected from the Audio Out (or HDMI out) to Analog Input 1 (or HDMI1).

The Analog Audio Audio (L,R as shown above), should be connected to the inputs on your amplifier.

Let me return to you soon after rewiring her back up after the visit to the router in the garage...much appreciate your support Marc thank you 

FFF36550-AA8F-4949-9E83-CEF54646302D.png

8BC02AAA-5674-4D29-A307-A48F6BBA8D75.png

9D71AEF2-D860-4B2F-9C48-CE7AC6AAFC6A.png

6 hours ago, Marc said:

How to do this...

the options are

CD

DVD

DVR

Game3

Game2

Game1

Sat2

Sat1

Cable2

Cable1