FS: Brinkmann 10.5 Tonearm

Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Hornsby
State: NSW
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash
Reason for selling: Upgraded to an Aquilar

Further information: 

Brinkmann 10.5 Tonearm

I've had this Tonearm for approx. 2-3 years.  It is excellent. Was a great and very notable upgrade on my Soulines Kubrick.  The main thing I noticed was the extra weight to the sound.  Presentation was massive, dug deep and wide.

I've had a lot of enjoyment from this Tonearm but with the recent upgrade to an Acoustical Sounds Aquilar Anniversary tonearm (circa $26k), I no longer need the Brinkmann, and the Transrotor doesn't allow for a 10inch arm. 

A great buy for anyone looking for a new arm.  RRP is $7800  (see link to Wyndham Audio for specs etc..)

It will be bullet proof boxed and shipped with Express Post with insurance

Brinkmann 10.5 Tonearm | Wyndham Audio

One and only price drop from $4500 to $4000

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

5.jpg

6.jpg

1b.jpg

april 2020 2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by scuzzii
  • Like 9

Hi Rod,

I had it mounted on a Soulines base, you can get SME and Rega as well.  2nd mounting was Brinkmann Bardo.  I have the Soulines mount if that's the TT you have, but other than that, have the Bardo mount.

You would be able to order a arm base through Wyndham Audio. @cheekyboy

Phono cable isn't included when you buy the arm - i don't know if Brinkmann does cable to be honest, i have a couple of cables though.  The arm is wired with cart leads to the din plug at bottom of the arm.  Any standard Din to Rca / XLR phono cable would work.  I'm not sure if I've answered your question or not, happy to discuss in PM or by phone.

In Summary:

- can be mounted to most arm bases

- Arm is fully wired to a DIN connection, any standard Phono cable will plug into the Din connection at bottom of the arm.  I used a L-Shape  (right to left as my TT is on the right of my setup)

8.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rodders3 said:

Hi John @scuzzii, great arm. I cannot seem to find what mounting arm this fits, is it SME, Rega  or something else? Also is there a phono cable included (may be the item in the box pic but cannot quite see).

Cheers, Rod

Hi Rod, I just picked up on John's @scuzzii post above and what he is saying is correct regarding the phono cable 5 pin DIN at the arm end and any termination you require at the other.

Regarding the mounting, can you tell me what turntable you have? Depending on the turntable you have, you may need to have that manufacturer produce an armboard to suit the P2S of the Brinkmann 10.5, which is 244 mm.

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 2

Hi @scuzzii and @cheekyboy

I have a Techdas Airforce V. It can take 4 arms but only have one attached at moment.  I would need to buy an arm attachment and the one I like is made in Italy but is substantially cheaper than a techdas. It seems they make arms for tonearms as shown here:

http://www.audiogears.it/category.php~idx~~~222~~MICRO+SEIKI+TONEARM+BASES~.html

Phono cable is all cool - seems just any 5 pin DIN.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rodders3 said:

Hi @scuzzii and @cheekyboy

I have a Techdas Airforce V. It can take 4 arms but only have one attached at moment.  I would need to buy an arm attachment and the one I like is made in Italy but is substantially cheaper than a techdas. It seems they make arms for tonearms as shown here:

http://www.audiogears.it/category.php~idx~~~222~~MICRO+SEIKI+TONEARM+BASES~.html

Phono cable is all cool - seems just any 5 pin DIN.

Hello Rod,

The Brinkmann 10.5 will go onto the Techdas no problem, you’ll just need an arm board from them or the Italian dealer to suit the Brinkmann arm.

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 2